Part 22: An Unfortunate Demise

GRIFFIN'S APARTMENT - Tuesday, March 15th 20XX. 8:24 am

I had woken up next to Blair, her eyes meeting mine. "How are you feeling?" I asked and she sighed, "I don't know, my head is such a mess." She replied and I moved a strand of hair out of her face. "How about physically?" I added and she shrugged.

"A little sore..." She stated and snuggled up to me.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" I asked softly. "Harrison found us and chased us until we drove into a pole. I don't remember anything else after that..." She looked up at me and I stroked my hand along her face. "Why? Did something happen?" She asked worriedly as she sat up, and I sighed. "He has Lillian... he had sent us a USB with photos of her and a video," I replied hesitantly.

Blair was speechless, "What? What do we do now?" She added. "We need to get to the station, tell Jeffery, and rethink our plan." I stated as I got out of bed, "But are you ok? You can stay home if you need to." I added as I began putting on a shirt, "No I'm coming with you." She replied determined, "You should really get checked at the hospital, Blair." I frowned and she shook her head.

"I'm fine Griffin! I can take care of myself!" She crossed her arms, "I know you can but you-" I started to get frustrated. "Griffin?" She tried to reach for my arm, "Trust me, I'm ok." She said softly and I sighed.

"I know..." I kissed her forehead. "Get ready I'll be downstairs," I added and walked out of the bedroom.

19TH CONFERENCE ROOM - Tuesday, March 15th 20XX. 9:15 am

Jeffery, Blair, and I sat in the conference room in pure silence. After we had filled in Jeffery on everything that happened, "How did things get so bad?" He exclaimed, and I couldn't meet his eyes. "We need to find her fast!" Blair concluded, and I nodded slightly.

"I know we're running out of time, knowing Harrison," I added and they both agreed.
It came down to going full force, meaning to surround him.

NYPD 19TH PRECINCT - Tuesday, March 15th 20XX. 9:38 am

We got up and informed all the other officers. Yet, just as we were about to leave I got a call from a no caller ID. I picked up the phone, "Hello?" I answered.

I heard silence for a moment and then heard the muffled cries left behind by Lillian.
"Hello, Eli..." Harrison stated and I gritted my teeth. "She's still alive not to worry, but if you don't do what I say then she might not have long." He replied devilishly, and I froze.

"Griffin? What's wrong?" I heard Blair ask me and Jeffery wasn't far behind us. "If you tell them anything she'll be dead in seconds." He added and I kept my cool, "Nothing, Blair just the bank..." I replied to her and then went back on my phone.

"Good Eli..." He replied, "What do I have to do?" I asked certainly. "Come alone, tell no one, or else she's dead. We're gonna settle this... just us." He stated before hanging up the phone.

I turned to Blair and Jeffery, "Look, I think I should handle this on my own." I stated and they looked at me confused. "We agreed we would go together with other officers," Jeffery replied and Blair frowned. "Will you just trust me on this?" I asked with my arms crossed, "How can we when you're literally putting your life in danger." Blair argued, "I'm going alone and that's the end of it." I claimed and Blair stood her ground.

"You're being irrational again!" She yelled, "No, I'm doing what I have to." I yelled back and got into the car. "Damn it, Griffin! Why can't you just listen!" Blair screamed as angry tears fell down her face. "Let him go," Jeffery replied as he gave me a nod, he figured out what was happening and he wasn't angry with me.