Part 17: The Truth Comes Out.

NYPD 19TH PRECINCT - Wednesday, February 9th 20XX. 3:19 pm

Blair and I followed Jeffery to the station's main entrance, only to see Lillian among a bunch of news reporters. My blood boiled at the sight, I told her not to as this would start a whole new world of problems.

Lillian walked in as she clicked her heels against the floor tiles. "What the fuck Lillian?" I stated frustrated, "I did my job, I'm done listening to you. Look, I can be your friend and help you in your darkest times. But I also value my work and when there's a story, there's a story." She replied determined. "With all due respect Lillian, I'm with Griffin on this one. We have no idea what we're up against. This could do more harm than good." Jeffery replied and I gave him a slight smile yet he never met my eyes.

"Don't you see how this will create a division? People will either be rooting for Blair and me or completely against us. Not to mention, we don't need the public to be in a panic because Harrison has escaped." I added as I ran my hand through my hair stressed out.

For a moment I saw Lillian's composure flicker with uncertainty but she held her guard up.

"Well... now they want answers." Lillian crossed her arms, "Why the fuck do you think we would answer them?" I replied frustrated, "Griffin calm down." Blair grabbed my arm but I pulled away angrily. "This is your mess! Do you not realize that this could make Harrison more irrational and extremely violent?" I asked and she looked at me.

"Wouldn't he be happy to see he's getting attention?" She said obliviously and I shook my head. "He's a psychopathic killer who likes to be kept hidden, that's how he kills his victims. Now that he is publicized he's going to become more cunning, more dangerous, and a lot harder to catch." I explained as I began to raise my voice.

"Well, I'm sorry! What the hell do you want me to say?!" She protested, "No you're not! You just do whatever the fuck you please! Whoever the fuck you please!-" Suddenly, she gave me a hard slap across the face. It left a harsh red mark on my cheek and I saw angry tears fill her vision.

"Fuck you!" She replied before leaving the station.  

NYPD 19TH PRECINCT - Wednesday, February 9th 20XX. 3:48 pm

"That was out of line Griffin!" Jeffery glared at me, "Don't act all high and mighty Jeffery! You're always trying to act like you're above everyone. That you're so perfect! Look around! We're at the fucking bottom, get over yourself." I replied furiously, Blair looked at me sternly and I walked out to the reporters to handle the shit that Lillian caused.

"Detective Griffin Brooks! Please tell us, is it true that you're working with the serial killer that you swore to arrest?" A reporter asked, "Yes." I replied. "Is it true that Harrison miller, known as the crossbow killer is really free?" "Yes, and we are getting things under control," I added."What about the fact that Blair Miller is his daughter. How do we know that she won't kill again? Or that she isn't working for her father?" Blair suddenly came out, "Because I was the one who betrayed him and turned him in. I can ensure you that I want no part of my father. I want justice for all the people he killed and to show people the real person he is." She exclaimed. The reporters mumbled amongst themselves at our responses and my heart caught in my throat.

I looked at her unsure, and the reporters continued to ask questions. "What are your thoughts on the situation? What is your plan?" A male reporter asked, "No comment, we're done here." I replied before Blair and I were walking to my car. All the reporters followed us but moved once I drove the car out of the parking lot.

GRIFFIN'S APARTMENT - Wednesday, February 9th 20XX. 4:37 pm

Blair and I got home and Jax came up to us excitedly. "Hey boy! How was your day!" Blair kneeled to give him scratches, and he jumped on her to give her kisses. I couldn't help but laugh, she sat up. "I don't like what you said to Lillian, I don't know fully what happened but..." She looked away from my gaze and I put my head down. "I know, I just got so angry... I really need to control my anger." She took my head in hers, and I looked up at her.

"God, I really don't deserve you." I kissed her passionately and she ran her hands through my hair. I groaned at the touch, "Mhmm." She replied. "Why don't we order some takeout and watch a movie?" I asked.

"Not gonna fuck me?" She looked at me with desire and I chuckled. "I told you later, and you're always so aroused." I smirked and she pushed me playfully, "It's because I'm always near you." She smiled. She then got up, "Now if you'll excuse me... I have to go take a shower..." She stated as she began to take off her clothes, one by one as they dropped to the floor. My eyes never left her beautiful body exposed in front of me.

Blair started to walk to the bathroom and I quickly got up to pull her waist into me. Blair turned to face me and pulled me in for a kiss again, my hands roamed her body. "Fuck the takeout and the movie," I replied as I took off my shirt. She then pulled me into the bathroom and helped me get the rest of my clothes off. From there we both got into the shower together and I fucked her endlessly, having her moans escape with the shower pouring down on us. The steam building up and condemning against the mirror.

I pulled on her hair as I fucked her harder and harder, her body pressing against the cold wet tiles. "Eli... don't stop." She moaned and I continued to fuck her from behind. I grunted as my body tensed to satisfy her needy and deprived cunt.

I wasn't going to stop until she came over and over and over again.

GRIFFIN'S APARTMENT - Wednesday, February 9th 20XX. 5:50 pm

That evening we sat in bed naked together as we ate our takeout. She cuddled up to me, "You know... you haven't told me much about you?" She asked and I sighed, "Because I don't normally talk about the shit I went through, I had spent my whole life suppressing it." I replied hesitantly. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pry." She added, I looked at her softly.

"I was the result of a one-night stand. My father left when I was born, he was a deadbeat just like my mother was. My mother never actually took care of me, from what I remember. She was a drunk, narcissistic, whore. She would have men after men come to our house, and she was into it all. The pain with her pleasure, and I couldn't even tell you the countless times I had to get her plan B at the age of god knows. All I know was that I was young enough to not fully understand but did it to save my ass from getting beaten." My throat went dry and I could see Blair's concern. 

She took my hand in hers, "I thought about it all, to run away, or just to end it all to spare my pain. I looked into God, I found myself going to church to be closer to the faith of being saved." I added wholeheartedly, "That's why you had never had sex all this time. You were truly strong in your faith because it was saving you." She replied and I nodded. "I also think because I was scared to give myself up to someone else, I just never realized it. But there is nothing shameful about it, it should be with someone you love." I chuckled, and she looked at me bright-eyed.

GRIFFIN'S APARTMENT - Wednesday, February 9th 20XX. 7:00 pm

"Love?" She asked and I looked at her unable to say a word, "I-I mean... Lillian is an amazing person but I don't think I ever fully loved her the way I thought I did. I think I loved the feeling of being safe and comfortable with her." I continued and Blair kissed me instantly, "But with me?" She asked as she wrapped her arms around me while on top of me, "I think I loved you from the first moment we met in that alleyway." I answered and she kissed me again this time full of passion and love.

I wrapped my arms around her with my hands placed on the small of her back. "How did I get so lucky?" She asked, "I could ask you the same thing..." I answered.

As she was on top of me, we cuddled with our naked bodies pressed against each other. I believed neither of us expected things to go this way and that we would ever find someone that we would love or that would love us. We both have our baggage and fucked up childhood that we could never get rid of. Yet, that shouldn't stop us from finding somebody that understands our struggles and will know our worth despite the trauma we've been through. We found each other, which was something more than we could've ever asked for.