Chapter 13

After a very speedy shower to wash Bangkok off, Tracy helped to cover the bruise on (Y/n)'s jaw before getting her into her bridesmaid's dress, the same one that Tracy wore. Luckily, it covered her new tattoo, her old one, and her belly piercing, which Tracy questioned, and (Y/n) promised to explain later. Fixing her hair and getting her ready, they walked out together, Lauren coming out in her simple, yet beautiful, white wedding gown. It was absolutely perfect for a girl like her. (Y/n) and Tracy ran out quickly to join Lauren's sisters on the bride's side, while Phil, Alan, Doug, and Teddy stood on the other side, Alan fanning himself. Sharing a glance with Phil, she smiled at him as he mouthed 'you look beautiful' to her. Holding the bridesmaid's flowers in her hands, (Y/n) looked to the end of the aisle as the orchestra started playing.

Those in the aisle column of the seats threw the flowers onto the ground in front of Lauren, who walked with her father to Stu's side. Looking at his face, (Y/n) saw Stu's eyes soften intensely, and even tear up, at the sight of his beautiful bride. Looking from Lauren to her father, Stu shook the old man's hand, respect finally between the two of them. Mr. Srisai pat Stu on the shoulder, and gulped slightly as his voice became weak. "Take good care of my daughter, Stu," he said.

"I will," Stu nodded, promising. Lauren kissed her father on the cheek before stepping up beside Stu, taking his arm and walking with him to the front. "I'm sorry we almost killed everyone with the boat," he whispered.

"Just happy you're here," she whispered back, the both of them stopping in front of the minister.

"And don't worry about the tattoo. I'm gonna have it lasered as soon as we're home in L.A.," Stu informed her, and she looked at the ink on his face.

"It's okay. I can get used to it," she shrugged with a smile.

Stu snorted quietly and said, "Really?"

She nodded, but pursed her lips as she looked at it once more. Tilting her head, she said, "But for now, let's switch sides?"

"Yeah, okay," Stu nodded, and they flipped their positions in front of the minister, Stu now closer to the bridesmaids while Lauren was closer to the groomsmen.

"Dear family and friends," the minister started. "On behalf of Stu and Lauren, I welcome all of you for this marriage celebration."

(Y/n) watched with a smile on her face, tearing up as her lifelong friend got married to the love of his life. She wiped her eyes a little bit when the minister pronounced them man and wife, and couldn't stop the single tear the left her eye when they kissed, everyone clapping for the newly wed couple. She couldn't help but wonder if she would have all of this someday. All of it, and all of it with Phil. Marriage had never really been a thought on her mind until now because with Phil she was already so happy she could never imagine her life another way. But now, thinking about it, she wanted to marry him. She wanted to be his forever. She wanted to stand up in front of her friends and family and tell the world how much she was in love with Phil Wenneck.

When the ceremony ended, everyone piled out onto the beach where some lanterns were waiting to be lit. Everyone took one, and lit the bottom of the lantern, waiting for Stu and Lauren to release theirs first before everyone else let go. When the couple let their lantern fly, (Y/n) and Phil put theirs's in the sky. Phil had a large grin on his face, a smile she loved to look at, as the lantern lifted up and into the darkness of the night sky, the dream-like candlelight like a distant memory you can't place. They joined the stars as the sun went down and the lanterns flew away, everyone watching as the sky filled with light.

"Hey, I've got a question," Phil said, clearing his throat and looking down at her.

"Yeah? What is it?" she asked, and turned to face him as his hand rest at her hip.