3

We're Being Punked, Pedro

</3

I was in the school bathroom fixing my hair when I was called over the speakers, Mr. Saltzman wanted to see me and I know I'm in big trouble. When I get there Hope and the twins were there too. "This makes no sense, dad. Why are we being punished?" Lizzie asked as we followed behind him as we walked through the library. "Because you started a brawl at a charity football game that risked exposing what we really do here." Alaric says.

"Well , you weren't mad last night." She says. "I was mad last night. My undying love for my daughters just happened to trump my rage. I volunteered everyone in the game, including the cheerleaders so stop complaining. You're lucky that it's just community service and not actual jail time." He says. "I'm too pretty for jail." I say and Josie and Hope roll their eyes but smiles.

"Can I at least offer a rebuttal in my defense, if it please the court?"Lizzie asked and Alaric crossed his arms saying she can try. "First of all, I was provoked. My response was totally proportional considering the levels of abuse I forced to endure." Lizzie says and Hope giggled and me and Josie just shake our heads. "And secondly...if anyone should take the blame it's Josie."she says and my mouth falls open. "What?" Josie asked shocked. "I'm sorry. I totally cracked under cross, but if you had just let kaleb catch the ball.." Lizzie says. " yeah okay." Josie says rolling her eyes and then they start to argue.

"You'd still be in trouble." Alaric says. "Plus you still threw the first punch so.." I say and she glare my way. "But nice job throwing your sister under the bus." Hope says. "Thank you, guys." Josie says and Lizzie mouth falls open. "Speaking of, the bus leaves in ten minutes, and I expect all four of you to be on it, working together today, harmoniously and without drama. End of debate." Alaric says. "I wasn't even at the game. Why am I being punished?" Hope asked. "You know what you did." He said and we all look at Hope. "All right, now go, all of you." He says and we walk out but Hope stay back and I'm guessing to talk about whatever she did.

-

"So, what did you do? My dad never gets mad at you. You're the prodigal daughter."Lizzie says as we all step off the bus and Hope just ignores her. "Must have been juicy." Lizzie teases. "Sorry, no time for girl talk. Public service awaits." Hope says and I laughed. "All right, listen up. It's a beautiful day. You got options litter, weeds, graffiti. Your choice." Dorian says and before walking back on the bus. "It's bad enough we get punished while the humans get a pass but there's no way in hell I'm picking up their garbage."Kaleb says trying to give the trash picker to Lizzie. "Uh, I don't do trash either." Lizzie says holding her hands up.

"I love trash, as of this moment." Hope says taking the stick from his hand. "It suits you." Lizzie says and I hit her arm. "Enough." I say and she rolled her eyes. "Looks like we're scrubbing paint today." She says. "Dad told us to work together, okay, harmoniously." Josie said. "Yeah, and he also said without drama, and I'm feeling a rage attack coming on, so I will be remaining drama-free over by the wall of graffiti. Are you coming or not?" Lizzie asked. "I don't know, Lizzie is there another bus you want to throw me under?" Josie asked before grabbing my hands and walk over to Hope. "Who side are you on?" Lizzie asked me. "Sorry but I have to take Josie side on this one."I said and she scoffed. "Fine, Daddy's girls. Anyone else?" She asked before they walked away. MG gave us one last look before following after Lizzie.

-

The three of us picked up trash in the park, in silence for at least an hour, it was really awkward. Their both my friends but they don't get along with one another so I try my best to hang out with them separately. "You have a future in waste management." Hope said surprisingly breaks the silence. "Cleaning up other people messes is kind of my thing."Josie says. "Well, your sister is kind of a dumpster fire." Hope says and I stop and throw my head back. "Why do you guys always pick fights. We've known each other a decade and anytime your in the same space, you poke." I say and both girls look at me.

"You guys do have your fair share of poking." Hope says. "Hey I've never poked."I said crossing my arms and Hope looks at me and nods. "True. But you know what I mean." She says. "And with you spending so much time with my dad and keeping secrets.." Josie says. "We're not keeping secrets." Hope says. "Oh yeah? What happened when you went to go find Landon Kirby." Josie asked. "Actually I want to know to because despite you coming to my room last night." I said. "Nothing  happened." Hope says.

"Something Clearly did happen Rafael never showed up at school, my dad was rattled, so why won't you just tell us?" Josie asked again. "Because there's nothing to tell. Aah!"I look up and see that Hope stabbed her own foot. "Oh my god." Josie and I both say. "Ow." She says looking up at us. I kneeled down by her foot and looked up at her. "Are you okay, love?" I asked. "What do we do?"Josie asked. "Help me pull it out." Hope shouts. "What?"Josie asked. "I can heal myself. Pull it out." Hope said. I pulled from the bottom and Josie pulled from the top and we got it out. "You poked yourself." Josie says and then we all started laughing. "Shut up." She says and we giggled.

Tiktok: mywattpadworld11