9

Mombie Dearest

Mombie Dearest

<3

"All right,  get the rest of these chairs and tables and get them out of here." I said to the wolf pack, I was put in charge of getting the room ready for the twins birthday. "Let's go, let's go." Raf said and the boys started moving. "Thanks." I said and he nods and walks away and I shrugged and walked down the stairs. "Morning, Amara." Hope said walking in and i smile and waved. "Morning, Hope." I said and watch her walk over to Raf.

"Perks of being an alpha. Bunch of people you get to boss around." Hope says and I smiled at her attempts to be nice, I know she also feels bad for sending Landon away, we kinda all do. "More like a bunch a shadows waiting to be told what to do." Raf said. "Who put you on party duty?" She asked. "I volunteered. What do you want? I'm busy." He said rudely. "Listen, Raf, I know you're mad at me for sending Landon away, but I promise you, it was for his own good." Hope said. "You've known Landon for two minutes and you know what's good for him?" Raf said and I scoffed.

"I know that I want him to be safe. I just came here to apologize. And I thought maybe if...I don't know, if you needed someone to talk to." She says and I look over my shoulder and Raf looked very much annoyed. "Whatever." Hope says and walked pass him and I take my opportunity to walk up to Hope. "Hope, wait up." I said and she turns around. "I kind of need help with something. I need to have the steps down for the party before tonight. I don't want to let Josie down." I said and Hope rolls her eyes. "Who cares what Josie Saltzman thinks?" Hope asked laughing slightly. "I do. I'm her date.."I said and Hope smile drops. Well this just got awkward.

-

I stood on the top of the stairs in gym room, with Hope. "So, the emcee will the announce Josie and her escort." Hope says and I roll my eyes and nod. "Honey I know all of that." I say and Hope smile and nods. "Yeah, right, wait for me halfway down the stairs." Hope said and I walked down the stairs. "How do you know this stuff anyway." I asked her. "One of my aunts has been around for more than a thousand years. This kind of thing is her jam." Hope says and I smile up at her.

"Rebekah, I'm guessing." I said and she let out the cutest giggle. "Yes, that the one." She said flipped her hair before walking down the stairs. "Now take her arm." Hope said and I follow her directions. "Yes ma'am." I laugh slightly. "An the you descend together." She said and we walked to the middle of the room and I couldn't focus because Hope kept looking at me and her smile is making me weak.

"And now you bow." She says and I stumbled but mange to bow back. "This is ridiculous." I laughed. "You think this is bad? You know it's only gonna get worse, right? Lizzie Saltzman has been planning her sweet 16 since she was five." Hope said. "I know, I've been her best friend since I was two. I've been nervous about this day every day since then." I said and Hope laughs. "Raf, is gonna re think asking her that's for sure." Hope says. "Well, he didn't exactly ask her." I said and Hope raised an eyebrow. "All I can't say is Raf owed her one...sorta." I said.

"So why are you taking, Jo? What's your motive?" Hope asked as we started to dance. "I don't have a motive. Josie asked me and I said yes. We're going as friends." I said plainly. "Your sure? Maybe there's something more to the story." Hope said and I raise an eyebrow and nodded thinking about Jo. "Maybe.." I said and then Hope started leading and I stumbled over my feet. "Hope, your leading." I said and she spins herself. "You officially have a crush on Josie Saltzman, congrats." She said spinning back into my arms. I could see I hit a nerve and her eyes harden and something about that makes me think I've shouldn't have said that. "I wouldn't go that far. We're just friends." I said and she nods before pulling out of my grip.

"Well I guess I'll see you at the party." I say and turn around. "No, you won't." Hope said and I stopped and looked over my shoulder. "So, what, you're just gonna stay in your room alone while everybody else is out having fun?" I asked. "Yep, works for me." She said and I scoffed. "Bull shit. Everyone needs a friend group." I said. "Yeah, that's easy for you to say. Everyone loves you, this is literally you house." She said. "Everybody doesn't love me their just scared to be mean to me or to pick a fight with me because either they don't want to get kicked out or be eaten by the rippers daughter. It's Hight school everyone sucks and but having a good couple of friends makes it so much easier." I said and she rolls her eyes.

"It's better then being the lonely girl on purpose." I say and she stomped forward. "As opposed to Ms. Good guy, who's taking a girl that you don't even like to her own party." She said and I shake my head. "This is not- You know what, you're right. Never be friends with the lonely girl. Lesson learned." I said and turned around to leave but when I got to the door I was blocked my a Barrier. "The hell?" I ask and look over at Hope. "Barrier spell. Fantastic." Hope said glaring my way and I rolled my eyes. "Sorry kids. Nothing personal." Penelope said and we looked over and there was the devil herself. "Let us out of here, Penelope." Hope says. "You'll be free in an hour. Plenty of time to practice that waltz." She smiles and walks away and I groan.

"God I hate that witch."

Tiktok: mywattpadworld11