Chapter 8

The week and two days passed without any more problems. Gladion was kept under close supervision along with Silver. The two of them got along pretty well. Silver had realized this as time slowly passed aboard the boat. Although Silver was aware that it was bad for the boy's health, he had stayed up late at night to share secrets with Gladion.

As for why, Silver wasn't entirely sure. After being betrayed by Crystal, he had been sure that he wouldn't ever be telling anyone the things he told Gladion. Maybe it was because Gladion was giving up pieces of his own past that he likely had not disclosed to anyone else. It was probably also because it was the first time in a while that Silver had been around a boy of his age. Not just that, but Gladion could somewhat understand what he was going through.

"You awake, Silver?" Gladion called from the other side of the room. The red headed boy soundless slipped his phone from under his pillow and checked the time. Four in the morning and still no sign of sleeping.

"Yeah," he replied. "We're supposed arrive to Alola soon, right?"

"That's what I'm hoping for. This boat is starting to feel like a prison." Gladion sat up from his bed and reached over to flip the switch to the lamp at his bedside. "You had another nightmare, didn't you," Gladion observed. Silver hoped he wouldn't mention that although it probably wasn't easy to ignore Silver's restless movement from earlier that night.

"It's been different. Worse than usual," Silver quietly spoke. Gladion merely nodded.

"I'm going to help you get revenge someday on her. If that's what you want, of course," Gladion promised. Somehow the blonde had gotten the information out of him about his encounter with Crystal although that had only been just yesterday night. There were still things Gladion was unaware of, but he did at least know the cause of Silver's nightmares now.

"I'm not sure yet. I feel like that's what I want but..." Silver lifted himself from the makeshift bed on the floor. Gladion watched him, waiting for him to continue but there was nothing more to follow.

"Did I tell you about my father yet? I remember you asking," Gladion changed the subject without a second thought.

"I only asked if you had one although that probably wasn't the best idea. You don't really have to tell me." Gladion deadpanned at him. "What?"

"I told you how my mother fused with a pokémon, how my sister got kidnapped, how (y/n) tried to become adopted, and how Moon ended up in another dimension to save the world and this is where you draw the line?" Gladion asked a bit of annoyance in his tone.

"I'm trying to be nice," Silver growled. "It isn't easy, you know." Some of his original personality had returned to him even if only by a small fraction. He missed his fearlessness. The way he would find himself unafraid of anything even if it had him feeling a bit arrogant. Gladion only smirked at him.

"Trust me, I know." Silver rolled his eyes at him. "Anyway, I just felt like talking, so are you going to listen or not?" Silver shrugged to which Gladion slightly glared at him. His features morphed into a somewhat solemn stare. "He disappeared after an accident with his research. An ultra wormhole took him." Thanks to Gladion's previous explanations, Silver mostly understood the concept of ultra wormholes, but it was still kind of hard to believe. Silver wanted to say something, but couldn't find the words. "About four months after Moon saved Alola, we found him washed up on shore, but his memories were gone. They're still gone," Gladion finished.

"He hasn't made any progress?" Silver questioned, wondering if the Aether Foundation had some sort of method to restore the lost memories. He had been told about the advanced technologies in the facility as well.