Chapter 15

Lillie had only been calling to check on her. Apparently, she and Gladion had been left in charge of the Aether Foundation while their mother was away on a business trip. They had been pretty occupied with making sure everything had been done correctly, so they were unable to come back to check on (y/n) in person. Although Lusamine didn't think Lillie could handle the work, there was nothing stopping the girl from assisting her brother in their mother's absence.

        "I don't see why you two can't just run the company together," (y/n) mused.

        "Mother would never approve of that. She just wants me to live without a care in the world as her way of making up for what happened, but that's not what I want to do. It's okay though. We'll figure something out. How is Silver?"

        "He's fine. I just left him and Hau in the malasada shop just now. When you get the chance to visit, I'll have a surprise for you. Or maybe we could just come to you. Oh, and Hau is in good spirits as usual. I haven't gotten the chance to ask him, but I think everything is going well with Hala." (Y/n) took a quick glance around at the darkening sky. "Hau and Silver are getting along pretty well. Silver seems to already be doing much better."

        "I hope he'll be safe here. Whatever happened to him must have been awful," Lillie said, recalling the one time she saw Silver starring off in a depressed daze back on the boat. "Gladion said he's sorry by the way. I doubt he'd say it again, so I thought I'd relay the message."

        "What happened between those two? They were literally best friends just yesterday," (y/n) wondered.

        "Nothing important. Everyone was just worried about you," Lillie assured her. "Oh, but I've got to go. We have some paperwork to finalize. Gladion just finished his phone call with Moon, so he's already heading back to the office to get to work."

        "He literally drops anything he's doing just for her, huh. He still hasn't told her, has he?"

        "It's so hard not to tell her for him," Lillie confirmed. "We'll get him to do it someday."

        "For sure," (y/n) laughed. "Thanks for checking on me Lillie. Don't stay up too late. You nor Gladion." Lillie exchanged a similar goodbye, ending their conversation. "Oh," (y/n) flinched when she saw that Silver was outside standing near the door waiting for her. "Didn't know you were there. How did it...hey, Silver?" He stared at her with heartbreak and a hint of possible anger. The emotions, she could tell, weren't directed at her. "You're kidding me. They didn't actually turn him down, did they?"

        "My records are gone," he spoke. "Silver doesn't exist in this world and neither does Scarlett. They wiped everything clean. Birth certificate, pokésecurity number, all of it. Gone."

        "What?" What did that even mean? Silver wouldn't get rid of his own false identity like that, right? "The international police," she realized. Now she was angry. If they couldn't catch him, they were making it to where he couldn't even establish himself anywhere else. At the very least, that meant they didn't know where he had gone, but this didn't quell her anger in the slightest.

        "(Y/n), it's okay," he said rather calmly despite how hurt he was. He had quickly caught her shoulder to stop her from storming into the shop. His other arm shot out in front of her with the bags from the mall hanging from it. "Hau's already trying to talk to them. There's no need for you to go in there too." She turned to look him eyes full of fury, but instantly lost the unspoken battle the moment she saw the stormy look in his eyes. He was slowly losing the light in them that (y/n) had seen just moments ago. "Please," he added. "If you cause any trouble, it'll reflect badly on the island, won't it?"