Chapter 14

(Y/n) waited patiently at the door for either Hau or Silver to answer. It was the familiar green haired boy that swung the door open with great enthusiasm, pulling her into the home without a word. "Hau, what-??!"

        "It's a miracle, (y/n)!" Hau exclaimed as he dragged her to the kitchen. Her Pikachu, using as much of his weight as possible, pushed the door shut behind her. "I've never tasted a malasada like this before in my entire life!" The obsession he had over the specialty was absolutely normal at this point, but for him to be talking about it now of all times was just a bit out of the ordinary. At the very least, (y/n) had expected a greeting of some sort when he had opened the door.

        "Alola, Hala," (y/n) quickly spoke to Hau's grandfather who was comfortably reading in the living room. His reply was faint as she and Hau passed him by.

         "Look at these beautiful creations," Hau gushed. "You've got to try one."

        (Y/n) hadn't even taken the time to look at the neatly made treats. Instead her attention was on the person behind the counter who was still carefully mixing ingredients together to make yet another batch of these curiously colored Malasadas. "Silver? You can cook?" He hadn't exactly mentioned that skill to her in his explaination of his life.

        Without looking back at her, he raised a hand to quickly make the hand gesture for more or less. His focus on his task was something she hadn't expected. It was only when her Pikachu jumped onto the counter did she look away. "He asked how they were made, and I told him. I didn't expect him to actually try making them." Hau took a bite of one of the already prepared malasadas. Half of the batch was missing already. "Absolutely heavenly," Hau praised. "I'm keeping him. He's my personal chef now."

        (Y/n) couldn't help but laugh a bit. This was certainly helpful information. In fact, she now knew the perfect place for Silver to apply to. "They look really good." She picked one up, immediately noticing its perfect fluffy texture. Hau's description of them was on point. How in the world had Silver acquired this kind of skill?!

        "Before you ask, no way am I letting him share the recipe. He put a little extra of something in there. It's a secret!" Hau claimed. She wasn't going to ask, but she did agree that this needed to remain a secret. Who knew what would become of the malasada industry if they were to get ahold of this.

        "I was just going to ask if we were still going to the city to shop today, but I know making these takes a while. We could always go tomorrow once I finish with my own duties." (Y/n) unconciously grabbed two more, giving one to her Pikachu and nibbling on the other. "It's Silver's call since he's the one that needed to go. We have the rest of the day though, so you can take all the time you need." If it was left up to Hau, he might give into greed and have Silver make malasadas for the rest of the day. Or maybe not, but one could never be certain when Hau and malasadas were involved.

        "I'll go. Just let me finish this first," Silver spoke up although his focus was still on his task which was quite impressive. (Y/n) and Hau watched him work until he had completed another batch. These were closer to the malasadas that (y/n) and Hau were used to, but still just as good as the alternate kind that Silver had initially created. Yes, the both immediately tried one. Even Hala was in the kitchen to sample the treats by the time Silver was done.

        "You've got a natural talent, young one," Hala said.

        Silver timidly thanked the man before sneaking off to change his clothes. He returned in yet another black t-shirt, making (y/n) glad that they were about to go shopping. There was nothing wrong with the shirt itself or the way it clung to his figure a bit more than the previous one. "What? Why did I-?" The summer heat would burn right through him if he just wore black t-shirts all the time.