Chapter 29

(Y/n) gratefully took the cup of tea from the girl that very well should have been her biological sister. "Thanks Lillie."

        "No problem," she mumbled before returning to her own cup of freshly brewed tea. They sat together with Gladion in the family's personal mansion. Gladion had opted for coffee over the tea although he seemed to just be addicted to it nowadays.

        These past two days had been crazy for all of them. Silver had left to an unknown location that morning. Lillie had gotten into a fight with her mother yesterday over who should really inherit the company. In the end, Lusamine agreed to let Lillie take over, but she wasn't allowing Gladion to help in an attempt to prove a point to the girl. Gladion was dealing with Moon's sudden change in action towards him. The girl showered him with affection so much that he wasn't sure how to deal with it. He was afraid to ask her for his own space thinking that she might take it the wrong way. In short, they were all dealing with their own personal problems, so they agreed that it was time for them to go back to the old days and do something they used to when they were younger. Spend quality "family" time together to get rid of stress.

        "Do you have any Eevee cards?" (y/n) said to Gladion as she looked at the cards in her hand.

        He took a quick glance at his own hand before muttering a half hearted, "Go fish."

        With a huff of defeat, (y/n) pulled a card from the main deck, and waited on Lillie.

        "Do you have any Glaceon cards?" she also asked Gladion. He gave her the same answer much to her dismay.

        "Do you have any Jolteon cards," he asked Lillie. She pouted and revealed the Jolteon on the card before handing it over to him. "How about you, (y/n)?"

        "Nope. Go fish," she answered. Gladion pulled from the deck and looked at his card with amusement.

        "Looks like I got another full set," Gladion announced as he revealed four normal Jolteon cards and placed them aside.

        "How are you so good at this game?!" (Y/n) was sure he hadn't cheated since he hated cheating in card games. Was his success rate in the game really just that high?

        "I'm just playing the game the way it's meant to be played. We can always do something else. You're the one who suggested this game instead of Monopoly." Gladion's smugness was practically dripping through his speech.

        "Don't worry. After we finish this round, we're going to walk Nebby," Lillie decided. "We're going to have a nice long walk and talk. No more games." (Y/n) laughed at Lillie's continued pouting. If Gladion won this round, that would be four wins in a row. And that was excluding the other wins he got in the other games they played before now.

        "At least let me finish my coffee first," Gladion grumbled.

        "You drink too slow," (y/n) teased. "Shiny Vaporeon, Lillie?" She accepted the card and asked Gladion the same thing.

        "Go fish." He took a sip of his coffee. "And I don't drink slow. I actually take the time to enjoy the flavor."

        "Yes, enjoy the flavor of black coffee. So dark and brooding like your soul," (y/n) laughed. Gladion rolled his eyes and shook his head at her in disappointment.

        In the end, Lillie ended up winning. (Y/n) didn't want to tell her, but she saw that Gladion had purposely held on to his finished set of shiny Sylveon just so he wouldn't win. If she hadn't taken a peek at the cards after the game was over, she wouldn't have even known. Gladion had caught her snooping, but didn't say a word to her.