Chappie 14- Dad's Secret

"I found it. I found it" Josiah came running into the room. A huge black book clutched in his arms.

He stopped in front of me and dropped the book on my lap. Quickly he flipped to the one of the many marked pages. He stopped at a worn out page. Wrinkles and rips lined the sides.

"Here. Look. Read this." He told me.
Confused at his excitement I looked down.

Locator, it read.

I raised a brow at Josiah.

"Just keep reading." He insisted.

With a sigh I scanned the page. After a few minutes I looked up again.

"What am I suppose to be seeing?" I asked.

Josiah sucked his teeth and pointed towards the bottom of the page. I looked again. Slowly I felt my eyes widen. Speechless I looked up at Josiah who was now smiling hard.

"You found it." I gasped.

He nodded.

"You found it" I repeated.

"I know"

"You found it" I screamed and grabbed him pulling him into a hug.

Footsteps sounded and soon everyone had gathered into the room. They stared at us like we were crazy. We just hugged and screamed.

"He found it." I yelled out.

"Found what?" My mom asked.

I grabbed the book and started to read.

"Locator spells only apply to alphas who are in need of finding their mates whereabouts. For this spell you will require the help of a seer or oise. Two witnesses must be in attendance. Preferably the other mate and a koetain. Your mate will appear in front of you within in minutes. But only as a hologram. The spell lasts only a maximum of five minutes."

A few seconds later everyone else was cheering along with us. After we all called down Josiah started reading aloud the instructions of the locater spell.

"For the spell to work you need the following.
1. A seer or oise
2. The alpha whose mate needs to be found.
3. Two witnesses
4. Three candles
5. Sage, Lilac and Rosemary " he listed out.

"Where exactly will we find sage rosemary and lilac?" Cameron asked.

Josiah just smiled.

"I already have that covered." He announced.

"How? It's not like you have a herb shop." I scolded.

"No. But my mom does." He replied.

"Oh. Okay. But I thought they owned the restaurant."

"They do. But my mother is weird." Hee said not really expanding anything.

I just shrugged and left it alone. As long as we had everything we needed I didn't care.

"When are we doing this?" I asked impatiently.

"Tonight." Dad said.

"Why not now?" I complained.

"It only works at night. Also, we only have one shot to do this." Josiah grimaced.

"What do you mean only one chance?"

"I mean that we literally only have one chance at this. You're only allowed to do this spell once every three years."

I froze as did everyone else. Three years. I couldn't wait three years. Hell. I could barely wait another minute to get Bryson. We had to get this right.