Pre-View of Josiah's Story

• Dedicated to to all the survivors

Kian's pov

I hid in the closet. Afraid to come out. Afraid to go out. To move. To talk. To breath. Hopefully he passed out. Better yet he passed out.

 I ignored the blood dripping down my face. I ignored the cold draft across my legs due to my ripped pants. I ignored the horrible in my back. I ignored the feeling nausea that came up when I thought of him. I ignored the old scars. The old nail marks, hand marks. And finally I ignored the fact that I nearly lost the one thing that kept me innocent.

Instead, I watched the door intensely. I may die today. But I was going he was coming with me. Cause after he us gone, I'll have no one. No one to love me. No one to be there. No one to tell me it would be okay. As long as he's gone then I could die peacefully. The way I intended to, with everyone knowing who I was. The real me.

 So I watched and waited. I sat perfectly as a shadow appeared in front the door. Tears rolled down my face. But I refused to cry out as the door opened. Light came in and I was momentarily blinding. And then he walked in.

**********************************************************

Earlier that day....

" Ani, are you for real or are just fucking with me?" my best friend, Damien asked me.

He looked worried and scared. For a guy who was usually smirking and always carefree, I was worried. His deep blue eyes swirled with emotions that I couldn't name. But seeing them had me wondering. What was so serious that it turned this six foot foot playing giant into an emotional mess.

" Damien, what in the hell are you talking about?" I asked.

Something didn't feel right. I hadn't since this morning. I had horrible feeling in my stomach. The same one I experienced when my father died. The same one I felt when my mom remarried. The same one I felt when caught my stepfather in my room. The same one that broke me when I heard him hit my mother.

" You don't know" he looked at me, shocked.

" Know what?"

" Oh god"

Damien pulled out his phone and frantically searched through it. Then he turned it to me. I nearly fainted.

It was a picture of me... Kissing a guy... Quarterback of the football team... Gianni Toluene

Damien took my silence as an answer.

" Kian, is it true? You're gay?"

I didn't answer. Instead I did the only thong I could, I ran. I ran, not turning back when Damien called me back. Until I was out the school. Past the football field. Until I saw Gianni's pickup.

He got out and grabbed me. He pulled me to the truck and pushed me in. Then he walked around and got in.