30 Dream

Stefanie POV

On the way back to our suite, I looked at some pictures Roman's mom had sent me. While we enjoyed our honeymoon and the beautiful time together, Pat watched over our fur baby. It was safe to say that my little man took full advantage of that, because he never got as many treats as he did from her. We would get him back spoiled beyond measure. Even if he didn't look particularly happy at the moment.

Reese had apparently rolled in a puddle of mud and was now more black than white. Of course, that meant he needed a bath. Something he deeply despised. But this time he had brought it on himself. I giggled softly, because I was glad not to have to see his offended face and additionally it distracted me a little bit from my own thoughts.

However, our little one was not the only one being spoiled. Roman treated me like a queen and it was so wonderful to have time alone for us. No work, no time pressure and no obligations. If it were up to me I could stay here forever. Only Reese was missing for the perfect happiness. Well and something else.

Now I went back to our room to see if my husband was back as well. Roman had felt the need to go to the gym after not exercising for almost a week. It made him a little fidgety although there was really no lack of physical exercise.

But before he left me alone, he booked appointments for me at the spa of the hotel we stayed in. The full pampering program with massage, facial, manicure and pedicure. It was great, but now I wanted to get back to Roman.

I opened the door with my key card and was astonished. It looked almost like our house did when Roman proposed to me. Only this time there were tea lights everywhere and there were only rose petals spread all over the place. I gasped in surprise. This man. He will never fail to stun me.

"Oh, hi wifey! How was your day?" he asked casually. But I could see he was struggling not to laugh at my astonished face.

"Hubby, what have you done now? And more importantly... how did you do it?" I asked in wonder as he put his long arms around my waist.

"I can't reveal my sources, baby girl. But I figured it was time for date night again. And since this is still our honeymoon, I thought I'd make it extra special. Dinner is served." he proudly explained after giving me a kiss on the head.

I looked up at him and saw how damn proud he was. He was literally beaming. I smiled and shook my head at the same time. Sometimes I really wondered how I even deserved him. Roman put so much effort into our relationship that sometimes it felt like I was dreaming.

"You've succeeded in doing that. This is so wonderful. I love you so much, Roman." I whispered as I stretched up to him.

We shared a long, passionate kiss. At some point, Roman pulled back and rested his forehead against mine. With his eyes closed, he took a deep breath. I did the same to inhale his familiar, soothing scent.

But after a short time, nervousness rose in me again. I couldn't wait any longer.

"Speaking of something special.... I have to tell you something, but promise not to get too excited. We've had false alarms before. But I'm late." I said rather quietly.

"Are you serious?" he asked, and I saw that he was almost bubbling over with excitement.

"Relax, babe. That didn't mean anything last time either. I just wanted to tell you. I actually just went to the hotel gift store and got a test. It's possible we got a special gift on our wedding night." I replied while putting my palm to his cheek.

"What are you waiting for? Please do the test." he said and literally dragged me into the bathroom.

Although I was nervous and uneasy, I had to laugh at his exuberance. It was so sweet how eager he was. Inwardly, I prayed that his, our, dream would come true. I pushed Roman out of the bathroom before pulling the pregnancy test out of my bag. I quickly read through how this type worked and then did what I had to do. Please let it be positive, I begged softly.

The waiting time was nerve-wracking every single time. I would have loved to pace up and down the room, but Roman held me tightly in his arms. Again and again he whispered soothing words to me. When the timer on his phone beeped, I almost jumped to the ceiling in shock.

"You check it," I said, covering my eyes.

Then there was silence. Roman didn't say a word. Nothing, absolutely nothing. Was that good or was that bad? Slowly I lowered my hands. Immediately his warm, full lips were on mine. I was surprised, but did not complain. My hand flew to his cheek and held him there.

"We did it! We're going to be parents!" he then whispered against my mouth.

"We're having a baby?" I asked as hot tears of joy were already running down my cheeks. I wanted him to say it. I needed to hear it.

"We're having a baby, Steffi. You're going to be a mommy. I'm going to be a daddy. And I love you so much. And I love that little something so much." he replied as he very gently placed one of his big hands on my belly.