Chapter 3: Emily Had a Little Lamb

Chapter 3

Cece is super drained by the time they leave, and the throbbing in her head, right behind her eyes, is growing worse and worse. Alison keeps quiet and is smart enough to know not to disturb anyone who is muttering under their breath. Cece drives them through the quiet streets and into a gated suburb. It's apparent to Ali, just from her quick glances out the window, that everyone in this part of the world is well off, and Cece parks outside a fancy apartment block. It's not as glamorous as Emily's mansion but Alison guesses that Cece has money to burn too.

Alison scrambles out of the car and opens Cece's door again, before the older blonde can tell her not to and Cece just nods as she gets out of her car. She clutches her purse tighter though, when Alison reaches for it and Alison flinches expecting a backhand. Instead, Cece hikes her bag higher on her shoulder and raises an eyebrow at the timid blonde.

"Just relax would you," Cece mutters leading the way. Alison nods her head quickly. "You're making me jumpy."

A bellman looks to them and nods at Cece as he opens the front door. As Cece strides in, he gives Alison a harsh judgmental look that makes the blonde cower. Cece glares at him and places a hand on Alison's shoulder guiding her through the foyer quickly.

The elevator ride is silent and Alison just stares at the ground continuously. Cece thinks that the silent treatment from this girl is going to drive her insane. The bell dings as they arrive at the penthouse suite. Cece struts out and Alison feels more out of place here than she did back at the mansion, at least Pepe was there.

The place is modern, shiny and very stylized. It's less classic and homey than Emily's place, and more futuristic looking. She curiously examines the area—she's never seen somewhere so clean and sharp.

"I need a shower," Cece grimaces to herself as she sniffs. She stretches her sore limbs and cracks her neck. "And a week long nap."

Alison politely stands silently by the door. Cece looks her over once trying to decide what to do with the poor kid as it seems she's not going to relax anytime soon.

"How about you make some food?" Cece suggests. That'll keep the frightened blonde busy and out of trouble.

Alison simply nods because what else can she possibly do. She can't say no.

"Kitchen is in there. You'll find everything you need," Cece instructs taking out her earrings and kicking off her heels. "I'll be back in like twenty minutes."

Alison watches Cece disappear further into the apartment and slowly panics builds inside of her. Cooking. She's never had to really cook before. All of her previous owners had slaves that were experienced chefs and, well, Alison's talents were less...traditional. In fact, her first owner had traded her for someone who could cook instead. But Alison decides she's got to try because she really doesn't want to disappoint Emily inadvertently by disappointing Cece.

The kitchen is fully stocked and every surface is sparkling clean. Alison opens a few cupboards anxiously. She tries to think of something, anything really, to make but she's so out of her depth. She closes the cupboards again and looks to the stovetop. It's all fancy buttons and a million different lights - and how is she supposed to turn it on even if she had something to cook. With panic growing inside her rapidly, she goes to the refrigerator but is only met with a lot of expensive looking produce and raw food. She stands in the kitchen uselessly for the whole twenty minutes because she has no clue where to begin. Her culinary experience includes making sandwiches when she was younger, before everything got so fucked up. The blonde's internal panic attack has her taking rapid, shallow breaths in order to fight the suffocating, constricting feeling in her chest.