Chapter 24: Can You Hear Your Heart?

Hanna's hand swiftly moves through tussles of blonde hair as she adjusts Alison's hair. The two of them stand in the kitchen, snacking on some food at the counter after Hanna had persuaded the younger blonde to let her curl her hair. Alison had been slightly hesitant, obviously deathly afraid of the hot iron, but Hanna had managed to coax her gently through the whole process and the two of them ended up more than impressed with Hanna's handiwork. The younger blonde was more than a little surprised at how caring and soft Hanna could really be.

"Look how adorable, you are," Hanna sighs exaggeratedly with a smile as she rounds the kitchen island and leans across on her elbows. Alison blushes under the attention. She knows Hanna is a rising designer and expert on beauty—the stylish blonde has been busier and busier with things like interviews and runway shows, so her opinion means a lot. "Next, I'm gonna teach you how to do makeup."

They hear the front door open and the two of them look into the hallway to see Aria with a dreamy smile on her face before she waltzes in, beaming from ear to ear.

"Ar?" Hanna calls and the little brunette practically glides into the kitchen, the silly smile never leaving her face.

"You look happy," Alison notes softly as the little brunette approaches and looks at the small ring curls cascading over Alison's shoulder.

"And you look super cute," Aria compliments though her mind seems distant. The younger blonde nods gratefully.

"Oh god, you totally got laid," Hanna throws out and Aria turns a deep shade of red as she turns to the designer.

"Hanna!"

"Laid?" Alison peeps up curiously.

"Nothing—"

"Sex," Hanna throws out and now Alison's face shifts to one of realization as Aria throws her head back with a groan of frustration.

"Tactful, Hanna, always tactful," Aria growls playfully. She shakes her head and looks to Alison. "Ezra cooked me dinner and planned a nice date at his place. We've both been really stressed and it was just great spending time with him, one on one. We really connected—"

"At the hips," Hanna snorts and Aria glares at her before turning to face only Alison who tries to hide her smile at Hanna's antics.

"Ali," Aria emphasizes pointedly, not talking to Hanna anymore. "How has your night been?"

"Excellent," Hanna jumps in with a smirk and answers for the timid blonde, solely to get under Aria's skin. "We're having a girls night so go shower cause you reek of man bits."

Aria wrinkles her nose in disgust and Alison giggles at the cute way Aria shakes her head at Hanna. They tease each other incessantly but they really are good friends.

"Fine but don't start on her eyeliner until I get back," Aria warns Hanna, as she eyes the designer rifling through makeup. She looks to Alison for a moment. "You do look beautiful, Ali."

Ali ducks her head and blushes faintly. It's odd for her to hear a compliment from someone who has nothing to gain by saying it. Aria doesn't want to sleep with her or possess her or use Ali's beauty to elevate her own status, she's just being nice. It's a welcomed warm feeling that brews in Ali's chest as Aria scampers out of the kitchen.

"Make sure you rinse twice," Hanna calls after the little brunette with snark. Aria flips her off from the foyer and Alison giggles at the inappropriate gesture coming from such a polite, classy girl.

"God I love that munchkin, she's always feisty when she's gone a couple of rounds with Fitz," Hanna chuckles turning back to tilts her head to side as her minds wanders and Hanna gently applies blush as she inspects the thoughtful look on Ali's face.