Dance with somebody

Dwight was sitting at the Spring fling committee meeting. They were trying to organize what type of dance they wanted. Baldric and Gretta were not a part of the committee, much to Dwight's disappointment. The Parent planner was another parent of one of the girls of the committee. They introduced themselves as a lady named Grace. Although she seemed the sensible type,  Dwight hoped she was sensible enough to be swayed along with the group to make the dance into a royal ball. 

"For starters, we should probably pick a theme." Mentioned Dwight.

"Agreed." Said Chad sitting across from him with his notebook in hand.

"We were thinking either eighty's, or disco, under the sea.." He said, offering options.

"How about a royal ball?" Dwight suggested. Some of the girls giggled, a few guys let out a sigh.

"Dude, that was two dances ago." Chad said. "Don't you remember?" Dwight silently cursed himself, leaving his gap book at home.

"My bad. I forgot." He said apologetically "But hey, what's wrong with a second time?" He asked, nervously.

"I don't think we should do the same thing twice in the same school year, it'll look lazy." Chad said.

"You have a point." Said Dwight reluctantly.

"I say eighty's." Said one of the girls. A few of them piped up in agreement. "It's really gotten popular again with all the shows and music coming out lately."

Well, I tried, He thought to himself, feeling a bit defeated. The group started planning a few things here and there without him as he was deep in thought. He thought of when he brought up the dance to Gretta.

"How about we make the dance our second date?"

"I would like nothing more..."

The thought made him pay more attention of the other committee members, listening to ideas and trying to plan stuff himself. If he couldn't plan the proper coming of age ball for Mirabel, he was still going to make it a memorable second date for Gretta. He looked on his phone for some ideas.

"How about this?" Dwight started. "We can set up a few arcades in a corner. We can use the photo booth with loads of eighty's style costume props. You know, like sunglasses, and glow in the dark bands, Rubik's cubes, all that type of stuff." There was talk between the other committee members agreeing and nodding towards Dwight.

"What about decorations?" Asked Chad.

"What about a disco ball at the top? The LED strips can be a soft white, and the colors above them can be the 80's wave like purple, pink, and blue?" Mentioned one of the other committee members named Maya.

"We can have a projector play all the iconic scenes from all the well known 80s movies." Dwight said.

"That's a good call." Said Grace. "There's the brat pack movies, Ghostbusters, Gremlins, loads of others."

"So an 80s super cut?" Dwight suggested.

"Something like that, yeah." Said Chad in agreement.

"I've done some editing. I could probably get it done in time." Dwight said.

"I have most of the DVDs at home, did you need them for the clips you need?" Asked Grace.

"Yeah, that would be great!" Said Dwight.

"I'll drop them off later tonight at your place is that ok?" Asked Grace.

"Yeah, sure!" Dwight said. "I'll give you my address."