Gretta's picnic date

Dwight was standing with Gretta in her living room. He still wasn't feeling much like himself from the night before as things had gotten a bit intense for his liking. He hadn't slept well with all the worries running through his head, as it caused his dreams to quickly turn into nightmares shortly afterward. He normally wasn't the type to stay in bed until late morning, but he had today, and partly still wished to be there.

Due to his stint of inhabitation by fairy, his shirt had been ruined yesterday for their date. As for what he would wear today, it was a black, red and white plaid button up short sleeve he had in his closet to wear over a blue tee shirt and black jeans. He didn't know why he worried about what he wore around Gretta on dates, making him carefully choose his outfit sometimes days ahead. Perhaps he'd planned his outfits for dates in advance to find a way to separate his dates with Gretta from regular days they spent together.

While he stood there slightly fidgeting, he noticed the bladder Gretta had slung across her body. Maybe she had planned to take Dwight into the woods for a hike to hopefully clear his head. Between the fairy incident yesterday and his nightmares last night, he wasn't particularly looking forward to venturing off into the woods. He didn't have any of his forest survival pack with him either. He couldn't help but have the urge to go back home and rectify that.

"So where are we going?" asked Dwight.

"You've taken me on dates in your world. I believe it's time we have a date in mine." Gretta said.

"But you have your sword. That sounds more like an adventure to me." Dwight attempted to joke as he noticed the scabbard holding her sword, hanging off of her hip. He had tried his best to lighten the mood, no matter how small.

Gretta gave him a small smile that only slightly curved her lips upward. She wasn't wearing much in the way of armor today, only a pair of brown leather bracers fastened to her wrists. She wore a purple frilly blouse and black pants with the scabbard belt attached. Her hair was mostly down except for a handful of strands braided up on the right side, falling just behind her ear.

"An oversight on my part." she said, placing her hands on her scabbard belt to unfasten it. "Would you like me to leave my sword?"

Dwight placed his hands on her's to stop her as he felt his nervousness returning. While he was against swords and magic on their dates, he wasn't going to put them in a position where they'd be defenseless while in the woods.

"No, no.. better to be prepared. You know, just in case." he said anxiously, as the sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach returned from last night. He looked around the living room again, trying to control his fidgeting as he thought of the intensity between them from last night. He wasn't sure if he wanted to experience that again anytime soon. He wanted to go back home in that instant, at least to get his bear spray. Gretta saw the uneasiness in his eyes and closed the distance between them. She placed her hands on the side of his face, forcing him to look at her.

"Sir Dwight, do not worry. Things will be better this day." Gretta said cheerier than usual. "Let us away."

He didn't ask any more questions where they were going or what they were doing. He decided to just follow Gretta as she pulled him along. They walked farther and farther into the woods, making Dwight feel a bit worse for wear not having his survival pack with him. As they reached a certain point in the forest, there were areas around them that Dwight had begun to recognize. They had reached closer to where the castle was located.

"So, why are we here?" Dwight asked, noticing they were nearing the bat hieroglyph.

"I thought maybe after yesterday you were in need of a reminder."