04 | nate

It hit me when I was alone I was really drawn to this Sammy boy. As I tried to shake the thoughts away from my brain, I exhaled sharply.

I dug my head into my hands, the cigarette clenched in between my teeth with a sigh. I toed the dirt with tip of my shoe and watched a rock roll down the ground.

Nash's familiar gaze rested on me and I didn't even have to turn around to know it was Nash, but I knew it was the blue-eyed boy.

"What's up?" I asked, putting the cigarette in between my teeth once more and turning around to face the boy.

"Oh.. I-I'm sorry.."

"For?" I questioned, taking a long drag of the cigarette.

"I was staring," he apologized, "but just wanted to talk to you."

I raised an eyebrow, flicking at the cigarette, "about?"

"Why do you always question me, Maloley?" Nash laughed, sitting on the bench beside me. "Nah man, you okay? Seem down lately."

"Fine," I muttered through the cigarette.

"You know you have me, right?" Nash whispered with a smile, "I'm always here if you want to talk."

Taken aback slightly, I gripped the cigarette out of my mouth quickly to prevent myself from actually choking in surprise, "yes, Nash, I know."

"Anything," he continued, "I know something is up. Just tell me when you want to."

As he stood up I felt something tugging at my heart. I reached for his wrist with some regret as I spit out a quick, almost inaudible, "wait".

"I know my boy would open up!" Nash exclaimed sitting back down. "Go on."

"I met someone. Someone who is different from all the rest of the people. Like those girls I always fuck with, nah this person is different. Like I don't know man.."

Nash's smile brightened, "you like someone!!"

"No, I don't," I quickly defended myself, "I am just you know, thinking."

"You don't need your walls constantly surrounding yourself, Nate. You need to let them down at some point. There's going to be one person you meet where you find someone and your walls will come down without you even knowing.

That person is going to make you feel so safe. You're going to look at them like its the last beautiful sunset the world will ever see. Your name will roll of their lips and you will be so intrigued with this person and you will know. They're the one for you."

"Have you found your's?" I asked putting my finished cigarette into the ash tray.

"Found my what?" Nash looked slightly confused as he downed the rest of his Pepsi and basketball shot it into the trash can.

"Your person."

"I think so," he smiled, "and I wouldn't trade this person for the world."

I cocked my eyebrow, "not even for Beyoncé? Or Selena Gomez?"

"Nope," Nash shook his head, "this person makes me feel so special. When you find your's, you will understand. You will only have eyes for that person."

"Who's your's then?" I questioned, thumbing my phone's home button.

"You haven't even noticed?" He laughed, stretching his legs. He threw his head back as the giggles escaped and I looked over at him as the light reflected off his hair.

He looked young and peaceful and he looked so so so happy.

"Whoever it is, they make you happy."

Nash's eyebrows knitted, "why do you say that?"

"Whenever you talk about them, your eyes glow and you look so happy. You're at a state of peace within that person. I admire that," I smiled, "it's just that one person on your mind."

"Yeah," he smiled slightly, "they make me really happy."

* *

second author's note:

comment who u think nash's "person" is i would love to hear what u think!!!

comment what u thought and don't forget to vote bc it makes me extremely happy!!!

w/all the love ever, m xx