02 | nate

"You are all annoying as hell," I mumbled out as Cameron spilled his milk on accident. "Why can't I just live in peace? God damn."

I stood to my feet and walked over to our balcony that overlooks downtown LA. Although I act like I'm always annoyed with Cameron and Nash, I got used to living with the two and grown to love them. I smoked the cigarette that was hanging from my mouth slowly, taking my time and enjoying the warm Los Angeles air tickling my skin.

When I was done, I flicked the cigarette into the ashtray resting on the table top nearby and slipped back inside and snatched a pair of Nash's vans.

"Yo, Cam, I'm off to the studio to put some work in," I looked up to meet the smaller boy's gaze, "don't do anything stupid."

"Those are Nash's," he simply said.

"I'm one hundred percent sure that falls under the 'you're stupid' catergory, but okay."

I grabbed my car keys, the apartment key, and set off with a small wave and smile to Cameron.

* *

I met up with Steve and Gilinsky. The two were chattering wildly and I swear, teenage girls are worse than whatever I work with.

"Hey, bitches," I cleared my throat, grabbing their attention.

"NATE!" Gilinsky smiled wildly, doing a bro handshake with me, "We got a siiiick singer yesterday. His name is Sam."

"Oh cool," I said, not even half intrested in what he was saying, "am I ready to sing yet?"

Steve sighed, "you're really not a people person, are you?"

"Listen, I can be a fucking people person," I snorted at his words, "but I choose not to. Getting attached usually ends to you getting fucked over, so I would rather cut the bullshit. By the , way, I'm one hundred percent okay with that too."

Steve twirled his wedding ring around on his finger. He was nervous or uneasy. He only does that when he is and I know that. Shit, I'm the only one who knows that.

"Conversation done?" I asked and Gilinsky nodded with sad eyes.

"You do know I'm just trying to help, right?" he pushed though. "You haven't dated anyone since-"

"Please," I snapped, fists formed and clenched to my side. "Don't you fucking dare say his name. Don't. I appreciate your concern, but I'm fine."

Jack bit his lip and looked down, "he's nice, name's Sam if you ever need him. He's coming in later today in an hour."

"Thanks, I'll make sure I'm out before he arrives." I smiled fakly at my friend, and nodded my head. "But, thank you, Jack. Really, thank you."

Jack nodded, "any time."

* *

I wasn't out of the studio in an hour, and I stumbled out of the booth, smiling widely at the progress I made today. The tracks sounded great. I swigged some water down before I made a grab for my keys.

"Hey Stev-" a really, really, excited voice sounded and I looked up, "-oh."

I was met with the sight of a really dorky grin and slightly messy brown hair and welcoming brown eyes. I scanned the boy up and down. He looked about eighteen, bright eyes, deep dimples, killer smile, and killer body.

"Hey," he smiled shyly, showing off his dimples to the floor. "I'm Sam!"

"Yeah, Gilinsky told me about you." I simply stated.

"Oh," a small blush was on his cheeks and crawling up his neck.

"Yeah, I'm going," I dropped my gaze with a cocked head and grabbed my keys. I was stepping up the stairs and out of the boy's view when I heard him speak again.

"Y-Yeah, u-umm... I di-didn't get your name..." he stuttered with a smile.

"Nothing to the concern of you," I confirmed, "but it's Nate."

Sam blushed wildly and his eyes connected with the floor again, and he moved his feet nervously. I didn't know why he was so nervous so I just shrugged him off and climbed up the stairs.

"Later Sammy," I called back down, just to show I wasn't all mean.

* *

a/n:

hey welcome to this new chapter and whatever but hey

thi s sucks

so yeah i dont have anything else to say but it sucks

lmao ok bye