05 | sam

As I sat in a chair in the studio's basement, one thing ran across my mind as I watched the Jack's finish up their new song.

That Jack Gilinsky is probably one of the sweetest and most open-minded person I have ever met in my entire existence.

That boy is too sweet for his own good, sometimes. I admire that about him, and it's a trait I wish I had. I wish I had his elegance and how he can tell funny jokes without thinking and talk without thinking.

I can see why Johnson really liked G for. I sighed and pulled my legs up to sit cross-legged on the chair and pulled out my phone.

Unsure of what to do, I turned to Johnson and swallowed nervously, "do you have Nate's number?"

"Yeah!" he exclaimed, searching through his contacts for Nate's, "here it is."

I typed the number carefully into my phone, triple-checking to make sure it was correct and began typing out the text.

TO: nate

"hey nate it's sammy. are u coming to the studio later?"

My finger hovered over the send button for too long because Johnson looked over and noticed my frozen state. He laughed and clicked the button for me, causing me to panic.

"What the?" I questioned him, panicking.

"Come on Wilk, let me hear u say a curse word."

Oh. My. God. Matthew told them I don't curse often.

"Why did you send that message? Oh my god."

"Just say holy fuck it works better," he shrugged, "and you can plug in curse words wherever they fucking fit. It's amazing."

I rolled my eyes and locked my phone waiting oh so patiently for the response. I can't even think straight because he's going to think I'm a creep. I kept stealing little glances with my phone, even though I know he wouldn't respond this quickly.

"Ok Wilko, your up," Gilinsky smiled a perfect smile, holy crap, so I returned it.

I forgot I was throwing in some background vocals in their song, and right when I stood to my feet my phone buzzed.

"Ok, wait one second," I glanced down and my breath literally got stuck in my throat.

FROM: nate

"hey creep. only if u want me to."

I slowly panicked when he called me a creep because what if he doesn't like me? What if he really thinks I'm a creep? What if-

"Hey dude, you alright?" Johnson's eyes travelled to mine, eyebrows slightly raised.

"P-perfect," I stuttered with a dimpled smile, "u-umm... is it okay if Nate drops by?"

Both of the Jacks nodded their heads with gleeful "yeah" and "yes's". I grinned wildly and muttered a small and shy "thank you".

TO: nate

"please? u can come now if u want."

I smiled as I saw him typing almost immediately.

FROM: nate

"be there in fifteen, babe."

* *
I heard the upstairs door open that lead to the basement and to say I panicked was an understatement.

I ran my fingers nervously through my messy hair and my fingers gripped the microphone stand.

I wanted to melt into the ground into a puddle of nothing. I saw the fimilar poofy hair and tattoos and I was so in love.

Not in love but admiration. I must remind myself I'm not "in love". Theres no such thing as love at first sight.

Nate made eye contact and smiled at me and I felt like stabbing myself in the neck like two hundred times. I released my death grip on the microphone and stepped out from the safety of the recording booth.

"'Ello, babe," he grinned at me.

Holy....

"Hi," I mumbled quietly, "what are you doing lately?"

"Gotta speak up, cutie," he seized my chin in between his fingers, "and eye contact."

"What's up with you?"

Where did that confidence even come from? Why did I say that? Oh my god.

"What do you mean?" Nate's eyebrows furrowed.

"Why are you calling me babe and cutie?"

Where is this confidence coming from? It's going to kill me...

"Okay, keep your confidence down, asshole. I complimented you but clearly you don't get it. You know I could be somewhere getting high as fuck, right?"

"I-I didn't m-mean.."

"There's the stutter I know," he smirked. He knew exactly what he was doing. "Now, why did you want to know if I was going to be here tonight?"

"I-I..."

"Why are you so shy?" he asked, "wait, can we go outside really quick?"

"Yeah, G I will see you later." I smiled in G's direction.

We walked in silence until the warm LA hit us and I realized we were in a dark alley.

"Why are we-"

"In an alley?" He laughed, "my fans know I'm here."

"Fans?" I questioned.

"Almost half of a million of them cuties," he pinched his cheeks for some odd reason.

He pulled a joint out of nowhere and I jumped back in shock and shared a glance at him.

"Nate, what is that?! What are you doing?!"

"A blunt and I'm smoking?"

"Jesus, Nate. Do you know what those things do to your health and your body?"

"Umm yeah, I took high school health." he shrugged, lighting it.

A scream cut through the air and I gave myself whiplash from looking so fast. I saw a group of about thirty five girls running full speed down the alley.

"Nate!?" I screamed out of terror and he grabbed my wrist harshly.

"Fucking run. Don't look back, I'm right behind you."

I turned tail and ran. My eyes connected with the studio's basement door that I knew was unlocked because it was a spare no one used. I felt myself run faster, not wanting to get trampled to death by fan girls.

I heard heavy footsteps, which I knew was Nate's, and I got to the door. I threw it open and turned around to be face to face with Nate.

He slammed the door shut with a blunt still lit in his hand, "holy shit..."

He closed the curtains and blinds and collapsed against the door.

"You can't smoke in here." I sighed heavily at his antics.

"There's a lot of things I can't do, Princess, but I do."

He smirked and blew smoke out of his mouth and I blushed like a ten year old girl, again in the palm of Nate's hand.