14 | sam

I sat on a park bench and cradled my head into my arms. I was freaking out, to say the least. I needed my medication, which I didn't have, and I was having troubles breathing properly.

I do this way too often for my own good - and all the well-being of all those people who slightly care about me enough to wonder where I am.

I used to do this in Nebraska. Home. I used to climb onto my roof and watch the stars and cry my guts out if I needed to. I did this to feel something. I needed to know I was alive in some way.

My phone is constantly vibrating against my thigh where it rested in my sweatpants but I knew it was Nate.

He was the only one who would get this concerned about me disappearing for a couple hours.

Matt might of said something along the lines of "hey dude, where are you?"

Or Carter might of said, "hey can u pick up some milk while ur out?"

But I know I was freaking Nate out, but this was normal for me. Breaking my own heart is kind of my thing.

I decided to pick my head up out of my arm and try to calm myself down because I didn't have any medication for my anxiety on me.

I pulled out my phone and saw I have twelve unread messages and four missed calls. More than half of them were from, yes you guessed it, Nate.

The last text message from Nate looks like:

FROM: nate

'Hey dude where are u??"

I sighed as something caught my eye.

FROM: unknown number

'he's not as innocent as he seems'

I furrowed my eyebrows and tilted my head slightly. Who's not as innocent as they seem?

TO: unknown number

'sorry but I think u have the wrong number :-)'

I got a response almost instantly.

FROM: unknown number

'no, sam, i think i have the right number. u must be careful of him at all times. do NOT let ur walls down'

I clicked my phone off and tightened my grip around it.

How did they know my name and how did they get my number?

Who are they talking about? It can be anyone I have met since I was in LA.

Why do I have to be careful around this person? Is this person going to hurt me or worse even kill me?

I never let my walls down, thank you very much.

Why is this so stressful? I dug my head further into my hands and shook them until I saw stars in my vision.

"Hey, you okay?" A voice asked above me causing me to look up.

A boy with a bright attitude and fluffy brown hair was standing in front of me. His blue eyes twinkled when the sunlight hit them correctly and he was short and had the most beautiful smile.

"Hi," I breathed, "I'm okay. I think."

"Mind if I take a seat?" He asked, moving closer to me.

"Nope, you can sit." I smiled at him as he sat down next to me, "I'm Sam."

"I'm Rupp," he smiled at me, moving his body towards me, "Dillion Rupp."

"I like your smile," I blurted out and I almost bit my lip off with frustration. Really Sam? Really? You like his SMILE?

"Thank you," he blushed and looked down slightly, "I like your dimples, they're adorable. I wish I had dimples sometimes."

I laughed and kicked my feet up into his lap, "mind if I do this?" He shook his head no, "but yeah my dimples are like craters on my face."

"I like 'em," he said and shook his head. "I have to go, I'm sorry. I have to make this really important meeting in five minutes and the office is fifteen minutes away."

I felt myself getting sad because my company was leaving me. I handed him my phone, contacts already pulled up, "put in your name and number."

Then I panicked because that sounded pushy.

"I mean only if you want to put in your name and number. You don't have to if you don't want to. I mean that's fi-"

"I would be more than happy to," Dillion smiled a dazzling smile at me as he looked up from my phone. "I texted myself so I can add you in my phone later. Okay, I really have to go! Thank you for keeping me company and by the way, you're cute."

As I stumbled for words I managed a choked out, "you're cute, too." And I watched him hurry off towards his meeting.

My phone vibrated against my thigh and I take it out to look at it.

FROM: nate

'soooo where are u?!!? stop ignoring me!! (hope u know u have ur read receipts on)'

TO: nate

'im fine and ik'

FROM: nate

'meet me @ the Starbucks on sunset blvd in fifteen minutes'

I read it and didn't respond. I sighed heavily as I found myself not wanting to see the tattooed boy for some reason. I looked at Dillon's contact information and the road to Starbucks and sighed heavily.

* *

authors note:

a lil filler for ya lovelies :-)
luv u all
comment and vote and all that jazz!!!