01 | sam

I dropped my hood from my sweatshirt as I stepped into the studio and out from the relentless rain that was drowning Los Angeles at the moment. My hand gripped the water bottle a little tighter as I walked down the stairs toward where the studio manager said he would meet me.

I took a leap of faith and dropped out of high school and moved from Omaha to Los Angeles after a studio manager contacted me about a record deal. Now, I live in an apartment on the outskirts of downtown LA and I couldn't be happier.

I turned a left when I got downstairs as I was directed earlier over the phone and was met face to face with an older man.

"Samuel Wilkinson?" He questioned me with a raise of the eyebrow.

"That's me," I replied with a big smile, "but call me Sam or Sammy."

"Alright Sam," he nods, making a mental note to call the boy by his nickname from now on. "I have a meeting to attend but I have two amazing vocalists to show you around the studio. If you have any questions you can contact me over the phone tonight after nine pm or tomorrow when you come back and I'm here."

"Sounds good," I smiled.

"Their names are Jack and Jack," he explained leading me into a recording studio where I saw a blonde in a booth, rapping rather quickly. "Jack Johnson is the blonde one and Jack Gilinsky is the brunette. Now, Sam, I really have to run or I'm going to be late for this meeting. Gilinsky? Please show the boy around at some point today."

"Go to your meeting Peter," Gilinsky snorted, YES snorted with laughter, "I got him."

I nodded and looked at Peter, "yeah, I think I'm in good hands."

"Okay, amazing!" Peter exclaimed, "goodbye boys!"

"Bye," I nodded and sat down in a spinning chair. I rotated my bottle of water in my hands, intimidated by the brown-haired boy next to me.

"Hey kid, I'm Jack. Jack Gilinsky. What's your name?"

"I'm Sammy. Sammy Wilkinson. And if you can't tell, I'm extremely nervous and shy around new people."

"Well, Sammy, you're welcome here." Jack explained, "and Jack and I will be your friend! You seem chill. We will introduce you to some of our friends, if you're up for it."

"Yeah," my fingers stopped twitching around my water bottle, "that would be great."

"Doing anything tonight?"

My chest tightened and it was getting harder to breathe, "y-y-I mean I still have to unpac-k and stuff.."

"Sure, bro!" Jack clapped my shoulder as I tried to pile air into my lungs. "I have to go do some verses but you can talk to JJ. He never stops talking, so you don't even have to say anything because he will just talk and talk and talk."

I laughed and nodded, excited to meet this other Jack.

* *

I plopped down on my bed and stole a glance at the time.

1:21 am.

I groaned and flipped unto my stomach and exhaled. Today was a good day for my first day at the studio. After meeting the other Jack, they both showed me around the offices and introducing me to the people who worked there.

Even if I didn't remember any of their names, I looked forward to putting work in on my singing career and I was even excited to meet new people and the Jack's friends.

* *

a/n wtf aM I EVEN DOING

NATE is coming in later

so is shaylor and jolinsky and whatever the hell else

ok that is all goodbye