21 | sam

I swallowed the lump in my throat as his beautiful gaze met mine.

"Talk about what?" He asked as he laid on his back next to me.

"Oh, you know, the whole Shawn thing."

"The Shawn Thing?" The words dripped from his mouth like venom, his eyes crinkled in anger.

"He's a good kid," I started out, "trust me."

"The fact that he's a good kid doesn't delete the fact that he cheated on me with my best friend."

"But..."

"Why are you defending him? He cheated on me when we were dating and I wouldn't be surprised if he cheated on Taylor or still is cheating on him."

"He didn't cheat on Taylor."

"You don't know shit about him." Nate shook his head. "You seriously just wanted to talk about my ex and how he fucked up my life?"

"Well, yes and no. Like there's something else too."

"Yeahhhh?" He asked drawing out his "h" as he waited for an answer.

"Do you like me?" I asked, voice strained.

"Yes? I don't randomly kiss boys I don't like?" Nate looked over at me with a skeptical glance.

"Remember the boy I told you about in the coffee shop a while back?"

Nate's eyes scrunched as he tried to remember, "oh yeah. Drake or Dillion or whatever."

"Dillion." I confirmed. "Yeah."

"What about him?" Nate's eyes grew shades darker. "Did he hurt you? I will beat his ass-"

"No! God, no. He didn't hurt me." I calmly said. "I'm dating him."

"What?" Nate whispered as his eyes grew glassy. "You're what?"

"I'm dating him..." I trailed off. "But it was after you kissed me!"

"You lead me on!" Nate growled out, standing up. "I loved you! I hope you know that I loved you! No, I love you. I loved you with everything I had and this is what I get?"

"What?" My tone came out of thin air, "you get me actually being happy with someone? Even if it's not you?"

"You were happy with me!" He was screaming, arms flailing. "You were at your best when you were with me."

"I'm happy with Dillion why can't you understand that?"

"If you want your happy ending it would be with me!" Nate gripped my wrist deathly tight.

"I don't want you fucking up my life," I winced at my own words. "You have got to understand not all stories end with happy endings."

"I deserve a happy ending with you!" His voice was strained and desperate. "Please. You're forgetting about all of our dates."

"I'm not forgetting. I'm letting go. You're going to ruin my life if I don't let you go."

"Sammy..." He was sobbing and I had to bite my lip as hard as I could. "Please don't do this. You're the only person I will ever love."

"There's more people." I snarled. "Please leave my house."

He grabbed his phone and was about to slam my door when he snapped, "don't ever text or call me again."

I didn't have the heart to answer.

* *

AUTHORS NOTE: IM SO SORRY BUT NEXT CHAPTER IS THE LAST!!!