Chapter 19: Rivals

"Okay...Where is he?" Fei asked, already having enjoyed breakfast made by Tsunami. Sakura shrugged.

"I don't know. Maybe he used too much chakra and died by now- Ow!"

"Don't say that shit..." Fei muttered, kicking her foot.

"I hope he's alright. A child all alone at night in the woods..."

"Don't worry! He might not look it, but he's a true ninja," Kakashi answered with a closed-eyed smile.

"I don't know, it wouldn't surprise me if he was dead. That moron..." Sasuke said, frowning at the table. Fei suddenly got up from the table, whipping her mouth after gulping up her tea.

"Alright, I'm looking for him, thanks!" she quickly said, running off before anyone can protest.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Naruto! Hello?" Fei yelled out into the forest. She had been walking for a bit, but still hadn't found him yet.

'Where'd you run off to?' She thought.

"Stop yelling. He's probably not even awake right now..." A voice, starting to become annoyingly familiar, said from behind her.

"Fucking-! You idiot! Why can't you approach me like a normal person instead of startling me?!" Fei yelled out, turning around to glare at him.

"It's not my fault that you can't sense anyone," Sasuke shrugged, walking past her. She huffed in annoyance before turning to follow him.

"It's not like I didn't...I was distracted...the forest is beautiful this early in the morning. Anyway, why are you here?" she asked.

"Doesn't matter to you. I didn't even ask you," he answered.

"Hmph, I would assume that you would remember WHY I went out in the first place. I literally said what I was doing before I went out," she growled, even more annoyed.

"Hn."

"You really need a dictionary..."

"HUH?!" a shocked shout stopped the conversation.

"Naruto?" Fei asked, fast walking towards him, Sasuke following slowly behind her.

"Ah Fei, hey!" Fei waved as she approached him and another stranger.

'Who could they be? Why do they...look familiar? This feeling..?'

"Hi, who might you be?" She asked, smiling politely at the stranger. The stranger delivered an equally soft smile.

"Hello, I'm just a wandering villager gathering herbs. I found your friend unconscious and helped him up," They gazed softly at Fei, making her blush, "I apologize for leaving so abruptly. May we meet again." They walked away, not answering Fei's question, glance, or flustered face.

"Um...okay?"

"What're you doing here, anyway Fei?" Naruto asked, getting up slowly, still kinda shaken. Fei quickly snapped out of her trance and looked at Naruto sternly.

"What happened? Why did you yell out? Also, I brought you a piece of bread if you were hungry," She asked while offering a piece of bread.

"Haha! Thanks! Also, I was just...um...tricked...This is a weird world, you know?" He greedily took the bread from her hands.

"Yeah, it is..." she answered, smiling as he grabbed it.

He began chewing before frowning as he looked over Fei. He swallowed and pointed, "What're YOU doing here?"

"Wanted to see if you were dead yet," Sasuke answered, looking away and crossing his arms.

"Why you..." Naruto began to move towards him but then faltered a bit.