Chapter 14 - The Fight

A/N: Artist credits are in the picture.

* * *

Elsa heard Rapunzel take a sharp intake of breath.

"Not afraid, are we?" Pitch asked, chuckling.

"No, we're not." Elsa stood up straight.

"You don't have to do this," Pitch said, his eyes boring into hers. "It doesn't have to be like this. We can have peace."

He took a step closer. Elsa flinched and reflexively shot ice at him. He quickly deflected it with his black sand.

"Peace with you means war with everyone I know and love and the whole world. That's not an option I want to choose," she replied, holding her hand steady and pointed toward him.

"Fine, have it your way." He suddenly flung his arm around, and a huge blast of black sand flew at her. She threw her hands up and blocked it with a wall of ice.

Rapunzel grabbed her hair with both hands, threw it over Pitch, and then yanked it under his feet. He fell onto the floor with a thud.

Elsa shot another shard of ice at him. He smiled and disappeared. The ice landed on the floor.

"Where is he?" Rapunzel asked, her voice shaking.

Elsa moved so the two of them were standing back-to-back. They slowly turned in a circle, watching the ceiling and floor for any signs of Pitch.

Suddenly he appeared and made a dash for them. Rapunzel screamed and involuntarily smacked him in the face. He grunted. Elsa froze the floor underneath him. He vanished and then reappeared behind them, laughing.

"You put up a good fight, girls. I applaud your effort."

* * *

Anna woke with a start to someone screaming. She raced downstairs, not bothering to put on a dressing gown or slippers. Merida, Jack, Kristoff, and Eugene met her right outside the doors to the ballroom. She threw them open and they dashed inside.

Rapunzel and Elsa were standing in the middle of the floor, opposite the most terrifying man Anna had ever seen. He looked up at them and smiled in sick delight. "Well well well, I see we have an audience."

"Pitch, leave them alone!" Jack yelled, pointing his staff at him threateningly.

Pitch laughed and created a whirl of black sand. Anna couldn't see anything.

"Elsa, behind you!" Merida yelled.

Anna heard Elsa shriek and then blast something with her powers.

With a wave of his staff, Jack froze the sand and it fell to the floor. Pitch was nowhere to be found.

They all looked around tensely. An ice shard on the wall began to drip water, echoing through the hall with a rhythmic plunk sound.

"Where is he?" Anna whispered.

Plunk.

"I don't know," Elsa replied.

Plunk. Plunk.

"He could be anywhere."

They all turned to Jack. "Anywhere?" Anna repeated.

Plunk.

"He travels through the shadows." Plunk. "He can move without anyone seeing him." Plunk. "And then appear in a completely different place in the blink of an eye."

"Keep your eyes on the dark corners," Elsa said.

Plunk plunk plunk.

Before Anna could say anything else, the room suddenly went pitch black. Someone screamed.

"Flower, gleam, and glow," Rapunzel began to sing. Anna saw the roots of her hair light up in the darkness.

"Where are you Pitch!" Jack exclaimed.

"Let your power shine..." More of Rapunzel's hair started to glow.

"I still can't see him!" Elsa cried.

"Make the clock reverse,
Bring back what once was mine."

A loud thwack! drew their attention to one side of the room, where Pitch lay stunned on the floor. Hans stood behind him, holding a chair.

They were all too shocked to speak. Then Pitch started to move.

In a flash, Rapunzel ran to the center of the floor and threw her hair up so it lay in a spiral around her.

"Heal what has been hurt,
Change the fate's design..."

As her hair began to glow brighter, Elsa covered the floor and the walls with snow.

"Save what has been lost..."

She raised her hands and threw a shower of ice crystals into the air.

"Bring back what once was mine..."

The light from Rapunzel's hair reflected off all the white snow and filled the room.

"NO!" Pitch yelled as he staggered upright.

"What once was mine."

Pitch let out one last yell as the golden light enveloped him, and he vanished.

Rapunzel let out a breath as her hair returned to normal. Elsa took hold of her hand.

"So that's it?" Anna asked. "Is it over?"

The twins looked at each other. "Yes, I think it is," Elsa said.

"He'll be back," Jack warned. "He won't give up that easily."

"I know," Elsa replied. "And I'll be ready for him."

Rapunzel placed a hand over hers. "We'll be ready."

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you did, remember to vote and follow me if you want to read more of my writing.

The next chapter should be out soon. (We're almost done EEEEEEEEEEEE!)

I hope you all have a lovely day.

~Livi