15. Cat and Mouse

"It can't be..." I uttered in pure horror as I stared at the one person I wished was anywhere but here.

"Oh but it is and I must say, it's been awhile, son." Junko assured me calmly as her ominous presence made itself clearly known to me as it filled my head.

Why here, why now?

Right as I thought I got away from her, she finds me again, at the worst of times too. Flandre had just flew off to go gather some wood and there's nobody else around to help me.

"How...? How'd you find me?" I cautiously asked, hoping to know how she kept on knowing my every move as I took a single step back, making sure I didn't break eye contact for even a millisecond.

"I followed my instincts and it brought me straight to you. A mother's instincts never fails." Junko replied, an innocent smile fully visible on her face and I should have expected as much from her sudden appearances whether they're coincidence or not.

"So, shall we head back? You must be tired after your little adventure out of Eientei by now." Junko continued calmly talking, making it sound as if she was sold on the idea that I really was her son.

"I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE, I'M NOT YOUR SON AND I'M NOT GOING TO PLAY YOUR GAMES!" I yelled, tightening my grip on the spork I was holding. I should be running by now but I knew that she would just catch up to me so there was no other choice, I was going to fight head on and hope for the best outcome, even if her danger level is a solid ten out of ten, but if my guess is correct then she won't try to kill me if she's really this desperate to claim me as her own.

"Oh my, throwing a tantrum, are we?" Junko joked lightly with a smirk as I pointed the tip of the spork directly at her, ready to attack if she tried pulling anything funny at any given moment.

"Just why the hell are you doing all of this? Is there really nobody else you can go kidnap?" I questioned and that was enough to make Junko's smirk turn into an all out laughter, laughing at my question as if I had made a joke of the century.

"You never fail to humor me, do you now?" Junko laughed, making it appear as if I was no real danger to her, let alone anything she should be taking seriously, not to mention that she was avoiding answering all my questions directly. It was at this point that Junko began slowly but surely approaching me as her presence amplified itself.

"Don't you even dare take another step towards me, I'm warning you!" I threatened holding the spork as if it were a spear, but my hands trembled, no, my whole body was trembling from her presence alone. Her presence was far stronger than it usually was, maybe by twofold? threefold? Maybe even fivefold but Junko refused to reply as she continued approaching me, leaving me with no other options but to fight here and now.

Adjusting the spork in my hand, I swung it sideways in hopes of deterring Junko away from me but moments before it could even land, Junko dodged it with relative ease as she jumped back and out of range, leaving some space between us before commenting.

"Don't you know it's rude to hit a lady, and one that just so happens to be your mother no less?" Ignoring Junko's taunt, I stood my ground with the spork readied at hand. For a moment, I considered just charging in head first and hope to god that it somehow ends up going my way but then a better idea hit me, all I had to do was hope that Junko somehow ends up making a small mistakes that I could use to at least land a single blow to slow her down before high tailing it out of here.

As I readied myself in position with the spork at hand, orbs started appearing all around Junko, partially covering her as they slowly orbited around her and I quickly caught on to what was about to happen.

Taking a slight step back, I was ready to just ditch my plan and run now but the orbs were quick to act as the very next moment, an onslaught of orbs started flying towards me at a considerable speed as I began dodging each and every orb that was sent hurling at me. At first it was easy for me to dodge but with each passing second, Junko would shoot more and more orbs at me till I couldn't avoid all of the bullets resulting in some of the bullets colliding into me with each hit feeling like a hit from a baseball bat and this kept up until Junko finally stopped her onslaught of bullets.