CHAP. ONE ; SHOOT TO THRILL.

Poe and Tate shared a glance before looking at the man in front of them

     Poe and Tate shared a glance before looking at the man in front of them. The elderly man handed Tate a small bag, containing the whereabouts of one Luke Skywalker. Tate was over-the-moon, childishly excited at the idea of actually getting to possibly meet him- even if she did have to put on her most professional face. He covered her palm with his own, wrapping her fingers over the bag. "This will make things right. I've traveled too far and seen too much to ignore the despair in the galaxy." He leaned back, adjusting his position in relief.

    Tate nodded at Poe, pocketing the bag inside her flight jacket. It was the same one that they had accidentally gifted to one another, only now it was wearing thin with its age. If those jackets could speak, they would be begging for a proper and deep cleaning. "Without the Jedi, there can be no balance in the force."

    "Well, because of you, we have a chance." Poe responded, "The General's been after this a long time." Tate had nearly fainted when Poe came up to her, General Leia at his right hand, trying to recruit her for the Resistance pilot fighters.

   "Tate?"

    "Star-Boy, is that you?!" Tate exclaimed, her face sullied in dirt and oil from fixing her ship. She had gotten by as a mechanic, knowing most ships better than most had ever seen.

    "Yeah, I got a visitor for you." Poe watched with a smile as Tate failed to function. "Sorry, you're like one of her idols. Her dad used to tell her all about your escapades across the galaxy."

    "Hazer, that old fool." Leia laughed, "It's nice to finally meet you, dear." Leia looked at Tate, who closed her mouth.

    "Holy shi- I mean- I'm so sorry!"

    "The General?" The man snapped Tate out of her trance, making her clear her throat. "To me, she is royalty."

    "That, she is." Tate smiled. Their pleasantries were quickly cut off when their droid, BB8, knocked into the beads in alarm. "What's wrong, B?" Tate kneeled next to the beloved droid. It took weeks of convincing for Leia to permit it, after Tate brought up R2-D2, she could sympathize. BB8 beeped frantically, and Tate's gaze traveled up Poe's body to meet his eyes.

    "We got company."

    Tate and Poe were hot on each other's heels, "I'll get B and myself to Leia, since I got the map. You get yourself home safe, okay?" Tate ceased her walking, turning to Poe, expecting an answer.

    "Yeah," Poe smiled at her worry, "Try to stay safe in the cosmos, Captain." He lightly reminded her. Often, their difference in ranks made their behavior inappropriate, even though Tate had teased that it 'turned her on more', enjoying seeing Poe trying to save himself from that comment.

    "As long as you do the same, Star-Boy!" Tate pointed to him, turning away and running toward her ship as the chaos increased. She could hear BB8 behind her, not too far to where the droid would become a liability. She hauled herself up into the ship, placing her helmet over her head. It was always just a bit too big, like how it was in flight school. As Tate began to hear the whirring of the engine, the ship shut down. "Damn it!" Tate cursed. "I don't have time for this!" She slammed her hands against the dashboard in anger, sighing dejectedly as she got out of the ship.