CHAP. THREE ; ROCK THE CABASH.

BB8 unfolded an impressive map, it was what was apparently on the drive that Tate entrusted him with when she didn't trust Rey to look through her things

  BB8 unfolded an impressive map, it was what was apparently on the drive that Tate entrusted him with when she didn't trust Rey to look through her things. "This map's not complete, it's just a piece." Han Solo said, and Tate nodded. "Ever since Luke disappeared, people have been looking for him."

"Why did he leave?"

"He was training a new generation of Jedi. One boy, an apprentice, turned against him, destroyed it all. Luke felt responsible. He just walked away from everything."

"Do you know what happened to him?"

"A lot of rumors. Stories. People that knew him best... think he went looking for the first Jedi Temple."

"The Jedi were real?" Rey asked, her voice dreamy in adoration.

"I used to wonder about that myself. Used to think it was just a bunch of mumbo-jumbo." Han overlooked the map, and Tate nearly fell asleep in boredom of the story. She heard it many years before, and after- since her father would often repeat multiple stories to check if she was really sleeping. A hand lightly pushed her awake, "Commander."

"Reporting for duty," Tate smiled.

"This is our stop."

Tate watched in wonder as she re-entered the green fields of the old ruins she used to visit. "It never gets old." She followed Rey out, BB8 in between them both. She followed the man through the bar, hearing a female voice shout.

"HAN SOLO!" a shorter woman walked up to them, "Where's my boyfriend?"

"Chewie is working on the Falcon."

"I like that wookie," She informed his guests. "I assume you need something, desperately. Let's get to it." They all followed her to a corner table, BB8 rolling around, despite Tate's pleas to just keep close.

"Maz, I need you to take the droid to Leia."

Maz pretended to think, "No." The three outsiders all shared a glance of shock. Han Solo demanded respect the second he answered a room, and almost nobody was as quick to the quip as he was. "You've been running away from this fight for too long. Han." She began speaking in a foreign language, "Go home."

"Leia doesn't wanna see me."

"Please, we came here for your help." Finn looked at her.

"What fight?" Rey asked, Maz turning to her.

"The only fight. Against the dark side. Through the ages, I've seen evil in many forms. The Sith. The Empire. Today, it is the First Order. Their shadow is spreading across the galaxy. We must face them. Fight them. All of us." Maz encouraged, knowing she was stirring up a pot of mostly inexperienced people.

"There is no fight against the First Order. Not one we can win." Finn argued. "Look around. There's no chance we haven't been recognized already. I bet you the First Order is on their way right..." He lowered his voice, hearing the clicking from Maz. Finn disappeared, abandoning Rey, who stood up, and Tate.

Rey returned, "He's not Resistance," She mumbled bitterly.

"Yeah, I could gather that."

"What? So you knew and didn't even do anything about it?" Rey turned to Tate.

"Like I was going to give him information? I already knew he was faking, but it was for the better of everybody to get along so we could get the hell out of Jakkar." Tate told her. She stood from her spot, throwing the jacket around her shoulders. "So, Knockoff kicked the boot then?"

Rey went to respond, but something called her attention. She began walking down the spiral staircase, Tate following behind her. BB8 didn't even murmur, after Tate gave him strict orders to keep quiet. Rey lowered in front of a box, the hinges creaking as she opened it. Inside was something Tate had believed gone extinct. A lightsaber.

"Rey, you alright?" She asked, helping her up. Maz informed them of the lightsaber's history, and Tate eyed it a little, now more curious than before. She fiddled around with the trinkets, grabbing onto a gold wide cuff bracelet. It fit onto her arm perfectly, "Dope." She smiled.

Seeing Rey leave, she handed the lightsaber to Tate. "Give it to her when she's ready. If she never becomes ready, please, keep it safe."

"Yes, Ma'am. Han is still waiting for me?"

"He's growing impatient,"

Tate smiled, cutting through only to see Han and Finn behind her. "Shit, BB8 went with Rey!" Tate muttered incoherent curse words under her breath, following the two up to the danger. "Why do we always run toward danger?! You'd think we'd want to get away from the danger zone!"

Finn laughed at her words, and Maz looked at them. "Rey, BB8, they need you." Tate nodded, smiling as she began to hum her favorite rock song. Her and Poe's favorite rock song. She shot at different stormtroopers, fighting some hand-to-hand before sending them a final 'good riddance'. A squadron of troopers came up behind them, a gun placed at Tate's head. They grabbed her blaster, alongside the saber she threw Finn. The stormtroopers stopped, aiming for something coming from the air.

Han lowered his arms, "It's the Resistance."

Tate smirked, a growing grin on her face at the excitement pumping through her. Tate grabbed her blaster back, "I missed you," She cooed to the weapon, quickly turning to the remaining stormtroopers. She began blasting, and Finn grabbed the lightsaber. "Oo," She hummed happily while fighting. She heard Finn cheer, making her laugh loudly. "GO FINN!"

"That's a hell of a pilot!" He pointed, "Commonder Verlice, you've got competition!"

"Oh, no, I've never had competition, Finn. You've just never seen me in a decent ship."

"Rude!" Han Solo commented.

Tate turned, "Kylo has her! I repeat, Kylo has our friend." She told the boys. Finn ran frantically after the ship, though it was no use. "Where the hell is BB8?! B?!" Tate didn't bother herself with Leia's return, knowing they'll catch up when they need to. Finn looked at Tate, silently asking what they were going to do.

"We're headed home,"