CHAP. THIRTEEN ; WE FOUGHT THE LAW.

Tate sat next to Leia's covered cadaver, not knowing what else to do

Tate sat next to Leia's covered cadaver, not knowing what else to do. "I gotta tell you, I don't really know... how to do this." Poe started next to Tate. "What you did... I'm not ready."

"Neither were we," A new voice said, Lando. "Luke, Han, Hazer, Leia, me... Who's ever ready?"

"How'd you do it?" Tate croaked, clearing her throat free from the silent cries she had produced earlier. "Defeat an empire with almost nothing."

"We had each other. That's how we won." Lando dropped his wisdom on them.

Poe turned to Tate, "I'm gonna need you up there with me." Tate nodded, "I'm making you General, find someone to take Commander in my place." Tate smiled, accepting the position. "I'm going to need Finn with us too."

The couple ran through the people, finding Finn. "We can't do this alone. We need you to be in command with us." Poe nodded to Finn. "General."

"Generals." Finn pointed to the droid they found on Ochi's ship. "This droid has a ton of information about Exegol."

"Wait, what? Cone-face?" Poe pointed.

"I am D-O."

"Sorry, D-O." Poe apologized.

"He was going to Exegol with Ochi of Bestoon."

"Why was Ochi going there?"

"To bring the little girl he was supposed to take from Jakku to the Emperor. He wanted her alive." The two digested the information. Finn connected the droid to their computer, "All the information you need for an airstrike on Exegol."

"Yeah, except how to get there." Poe sighed, "Are you seeing these Atmo readings?"

"It's a mess out there." Finn acknowledged, "Magnetic crossfields."

"Gravity wells, solar winds." Rose nodded.

"How does a fleet even take off from there?" Poe asked.

"Terribly sorry," C-3PO's voice cut in, "I'm afraid Artoo's memory bank must be crossed with his logic receptors. He says he is receiving a transmission from Master Luke." Tate's eyes widened.

"That's an old craft ID." Poe nodded, "That's Luke Skywalker's X-Wing."

"It's transmitting course marker signals on its way to the Unknown Regions."

"It's Rey. She's going to Exegol."

"By herself?" Tate scoffed, "That's insanity."

"She's showing us." Finn said. "She's showing us how to get there."

"Then we go together."

They all began running around to gather up everybody, assembling their teams. "As long as those Star Destroyers are on Exegol we can hit them." Finn informed.