CHAP. SIX ; HEY LADIES.

Amidst the chaos of the Resistance's thinning time strain on the First Order's attack, Tate and Poe took it into their own hands to try and buy them some more time for the evacuation

Amidst the chaos of the Resistance's thinning time strain on the First Order's attack, Tate and Poe took it into their own hands to try and buy them some more time for the evacuation. Poe's X-Wing lowered itself behind the biggest ship, whereas Tate floated around, just outside of their range. "Happy beeps, buddy." Tate heard him tell BB8 through the comms. "We've pulled crazier stunts than this, haven't we, sweetheart?" Poe asked, looking in his rearview mirror.

"Indeed we have, star-boy." Tate grinned, "But, this might be the one that makes us bite the dust. So... happy beeps, people."

"Just for the record, Commander Dameron, I'm with the droid on this one. And, please, try to stay professional. We can hear you."

"Thank you for your support, General." Poe replied.

Poe sucked in a breath, flicking a switch. "Attention. This is Commander Poe Dameron and Captain Tate Verlice of the Republic fleet, we have an urgent communique for General Hugs." Tate stifled her laughter, listening to him.

"This is General Hux of the First Order. The Republic is no more. Your fleet are Rebel scum and war criminals. Tell your precious princess there will be no terms, there will be no surrender."

"Hi, I'm holding for General Hugs." Poe sassed. Tate almost doubled over, grinning like a maniac.

"This is Hux. You and your friends are doomed. We will wipe your filth from the galaxy."

"Okay. I'll hold."

"Hello?" The First Order General's voice asked.

"Yeah, we're still here." Tate decided to speak. "Hugs? With an "H"."

"Skinny guy. Kinda pasty," Poe added.

"Look, I can't hold forever. If you reach him, tell him Leia has an urgent message for him... about his mother."

Tate smiled, "Listen, firecrotch, I think you need to turn yourself in for a career change. You'd be a lovely motivational speaker," She stalled, watching as her engine charged up to full capacity. "Well, carrot top, it was lovely speaking to you but I'm going to have to bounce."

"Now, baby!" Poe told her, and she smashed her foot on the pedal. She flew forward, her orange helmet visor falling over her eyes at the lash it gave her. Green and red lasers blasted at the duo, while they skillfully dodged them with care. "Captain, you doing good?"

"All is alive and well, Commander. How's BB8?"

"He misses you." Poe smirked, doing a topsy-turvy move. Just as Tate left each area, it exploded. "All right, taking out the cannons now. You go left, I go right."

"Aye, aye."

Tate took a sharp turn, hitting the toggle in order to shoot at the cannons that presented themselves. "One cannon left for me," Poe announced. "And here comes the parade." Tate glanced over, seeing a plethora of the First Order's ships fly into their range. "T-bone, you almost finished?"