CHAP. SEVEN ; ROCK 'N ROLL ALL NITE.

"Thank you, Commander

"Thank you, Commander." Holdo complimented D'acy, turning to look over the crowd. Poe intertwined his fingers with Tate's, giving her an assuring squeeze. Tate smiled at him, turning her attention to the Vice Admiral. "Four hundred of us on three ships. We're the very last of the Resistance. But we're not alone. In every corner of the galaxy, the downtrodden and oppressed know our symbol, and they put their hope in it. We are the spark that will light the fire that will restore the Republic. That spark, this Resistance, must survive. That is our mission." She concluded the motivational speech, "Now, to your stations. And may the Force be with us."

"That's Admiral Holdo?" Poe asked, turning to Tate, "Battle of Chyron Belt Admiral Holdo?" Tate gave him a look of disbelief, "Not what I expected."

"Try not to act too surprised, Dameron." Tate told him, "Technically, the same kinda girl you "wouldn't expect" is your boss." She rubbed it in his face a little more for good measure.

"It doesn't really count if I'm dating my boss," Poe retorted.

"Well, then how about I break up with you?" Tate challenged him, raising her eyebrows slightly.

"No!" Poe exclaimed, then lowering his voice. "I was joking, sweetheart."

Tate walked up to Admiral Holdo, "Vice Admiral? Commander Dameron," Tate nudged him in the ribs, "Captain Dameron." He corrected himself, "With our current fuel consumption, there's a very limited amount of time that we can stay out of range of those Star Destroyers."

"Very kind of you to make me aware," She responded, though didn't even bother to glance at him. "Get me those fuel projections," Holdo whispered to a worker.

"And we need to shake 'em before we can find a new base, so, what's our plan?"

"Our plan, Captain," Holdo turned to the couple, "Your Commander now, right?" She asked Tate, who nodded. "Wasn't it Leia's last official act to demote you and have Commander Verlice take your place? For the dreadnought plan, where we lost our entire bombing fleet?"

"Captain, whatever," Poe shrugged, "You can call me whatever you like. I just wanna know what's going on."

"Of course you do." She nodded, "I understand. I've dealt with plenty of trigger-happy flyboys like you. You're impulsive. Dangerous. And the last thing we need right now. So stick to your post and follow my orders." Holdo looked at Tate, "That applies to you too. Don't think I haven't read your files, Commander. Almost kicked out of flight school twice, rejections from plenty of companies. You're just as bad as your boyfriend. I think that if Leia wasn't on such good terms with your parents, you may not even be here." Holdo walked away from them, and the couple shared a look of shock.

Finn found the two, dragging them into a different room. "Just give it to us one more time, simpler." Poe nodded.

"So, the First Order's only tracking us from one Destroyer, the lead one."