𝟒

BUT SHE PLANTS A SEED
AND IT STILL LINGERS
IN MY MIND.
TOLD MYSELF IM STRONG
ENOUGH TO SHAKE IT
AND IM TRYING.

_________

18 | 888 |DEVYNE CALIXTE SAINT

18 | 888 |
DEVYNE CALIXTE SAINT.
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS.
[ FALL 2020 ]

DEVYNE laughed listening to the stories her friend Perla told her. Perla, was a Latina girl she and Nova attended school with. Nova, completely despised Perla. She always felt like Perla was very condescending and fake towards Devyne. Always making slightly derogatory comments about her appearance or what she wore. She was jealous of Devyne with a capital J, but like always, Devyne was too nice and didn't see through Perla's nice facade she tried to put on.

Slicking her hair back into the side part ponytail, she grabbed her hard bristled brush, using her hand to brush and mold at the same time. It had been a week since she had been living at her GG Angie's home and life was so much better. Terry had given her, her car keys so she get around, Angie allowed her to take clients and make her money. And, she had no problems with Devyne hanging out as long as she came home on school days no later than 2:30 am, and on the weekends no later than 4:00 am. Angie loved having Devyne living with her. They meshed so well and Angie missed raising children.

"Girl I'm tellin' you," Perla laughed, "I'm never going back to his house, mierda."

Nova rolled her eyes sprawled across her bed, she was ready for this hoe to leave so they could too. "Best, hurry up with her hair so we can go." Nova cut into their fake conversation, Perla sucking her teeth cutting her eyes at her pettiness.

Devyne giving Nova, a 'stop being mean' glare before sighing, "I'm almost done bestie." She perked up her lips parting as she remember Nova had just gotten back into town from a family funeral a few days ago and she never got to relay to her what happened with Von. "Oh my gosh, I never got to tell you the situation with Von!"

"Von?" Nova quirked her brow up. "You talm' bout Dayvon?" From what Nova gathered, all the years she had been knowing Von, because of Taurus and her cousin Munna. Dayvon was mean and just overall fucking sadistic. The shit he did to people, opps, casualties. He was sick.

"Yeah," Devyne nodded slowly, "after I left home I was walking around cause I was just blew—you know? And he called me over to get in his car—"

"Wait," Perla interrupted, a hint of an attitude clouding her voice, "are you talking a bout King Von? He lives in the Parkway apartments?"

Nova laughed, "naw baby, he don't live there he hang around there! Don't tell me you know him too!"

"Of course I know him that's my boyfriend, estúpido!" She cut her eyes at Nova slowly turning her head towards Devyne. "You was in my man's car?!"