𝟔

18 | 888 |DEVYNE CALIXTE SAINT

18 | 888 |
DEVYNE CALIXTE SAINT.
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS.
[ WINTER 2020 ]

"TAKE ya time pastaaa!" Angie yelled clapping her hands together as they sat in the packed congregation at Greater Pleasant Valley church. It was a bright early, cold church Sunday. Everybody and their kids were here this Sunday for communion.

"I don't think y'all hear me! No, I don't think y'all do! God said, he is faithful! He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear!" The pastor walking back and forth wiping his sweaty face down with the white towel. The sound of the organ coming in randomly.

Devyne looked down at her buzzing Apple Watch. Multiple messages from Dayvon on the small screen.

rude boy 🫶🏽 2 mins
Wya?
Ik yo ass still ain't sleep 🫥
PEA

Devyne smiled at the corny nickname before turning to the side a little using her bible to disguise her cellphone. Texting him back on her phone was way easier than having to draw on the watch.

hey. im in church.

The bubbles popped up immediately as Devyne tried to act like she was heavily in grossed in the scripture.

rude boy 🫶🏽
Bible hugging ass
Wanna be nun ass
Sister act 2 wanna be ass 🤣🤣

Devyne rolled her eyes locking her phone and putting it back in her lap, here she was trying to get gods word in church and Dayvon wanted to play. The past couple of weeks Devyne and Dayvon were attached at the hip, always talking, always together and having a good time. Angie seemed to like him, always asking about him and making sure he was staying out of trouble and in good health. Devyne loved their friendship, they talked every day and were with each other anytime Devyne wasn't in school.

"You know—temptation will sneak up on ya!" The organ sounded as Pastor paused. "In ya time of weakness, in ya time of need, when ya down on ya luuuuuuuck!" He sung loudly into the microphone, the organ and drums coming in all at once.

"MHM! You betta' let em know Passaaa!" The mother of the church yelled slapping the percussion against her palm.

"But I say, you can't let the devil control you! You gots to fight em back! You gots to grab em by his horns and excuse my language church—stomp him back to hell!"

"You gon' head and preach Pastaaa!" Angie nodded waving her hand as she shook her head.

"AHHHHHHHHH!" Sister Leetha ran down the middle of the church screaming wildly tears cascading down her cheeks as the other church members clapped and shouted words of encouragement.