𝟗

18 | 888 |DEVYNE CALIXTE SAINT

18 | 888 |
DEVYNE CALIXTE SAINT.
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS.
[ WINTER 2020 ]

"DAMN, mufuckas don't even get to see they friend no more," Nova sucked her teeth, "fu as hell." She mumbled Devyne sighing as she sat in the passenger seat of her car. She knew she had been very put up since pursuing the relationship with Dayvon but it wasn't like she wanted to. He was on her case, every second of every minute. It was almost like he was obsessed with her.

"Nova don't be like that." Devyne frowned. "I know I haven't been the best friend to you lately and I apologize! I just feel like Dayvon is on my back all day everyday."

"What the fuck?" Nova frowned. "Is he obsessed with you or some weird shit?"

"I don't know." Devyne muttered, her eyes peering out of the window as she thought of what seemed like every moment of everyday she was with Dayvon. Doing everything. She could barely take her clients.

"Well fuck em," Nova shrugged taking her key out of the ignition, "we fuck nigga free tonight, we not fucking with Taurus or Dayvon tonight. We partying, and we finna have fun—but we still married type shit."

"Who's venue even is this?" Devyne laughed looking at the banquet hall as they sat in the parking lot. It was nine o'clock on a Friday and they were in Dolton, definitely not the safest suburb. "And we should get out of the car considering where we are.."

"Girl, Lil Joe's," Nova silently obliged by opening her door first prompting Devyne to follow, "it's his twenty first birthday so you know he doing the most."

"Lil Joe, Lil Joe—" Devyne repeated the name to herself as she closed the door, Nova instantly hitting the lock button on her key remote twice, "you're talking about Lil Joe who beat his baby mama up over a happy birthday post last year?"

"Yeah that Lil Joe," Nova nodded heading into the venue arm in arm with Devyne, "he's hella hardcore for no reason but this really the only trend that might not get shot up."

"They had the one downtown?"

"Girl, that's by the lakefront, they finna act a fool down there and a bitch is not going overboard with a frontal on, I promise you that!" Nova added, pulling her fingers away from the completely melted HD lace that Devyne had just installed for her hours before.

The venue was large and it was a couple of friends they had from school who had attended. Devyne didn't know much about Lil Joe but Nova more everybody so it wasn't much of a shock that she actually knew Lil Joe well.

"Scuse me!" Nova mumbled to a girl who had her back turned in-front of them, she and Devyne locked hands as they navigated they way through the party. The girl either didn't budge to be petty, but either way Nova got inpatient and pushed past her. "EXCUSE ME, damn!"