𝟏𝟒

18 | 888 |DEVYNE CALIXTE SAINT

18 | 888 |
DEVYNE CALIXTE SAINT.
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS.
[ SPRING 2021 ]

"YOU'RE sooo embarrassing!" Devyne cried storming into her grandmothers home, Dayvon right behind her. Plopping down on the couch, she heard the front door being closed as she stuffed her face into her hand.

"yo ass ova' doin' it," Dayvon muttered plopping in the reclining chair across from her, "i mean you ova' hea' salsa dancin' and shit as soon as i go to the bathroom."

"it was group of people i was dancing with!" Devyne clarified raising her voice slightly. "and you know it was a group of us."

"well y'all was dancin' too close," he simply shrugged, "whatchu' wanted me to do Pea? nigga in my head tellin' me ima bitch—you want me ta' look like a bitch in front of myself?"

"what?" Devyne looked up from her hands, her face contorted in confusion.

"exactly."

"no," Devyne shook her head all at once, standing up to kick her heels off roughly she folded her arms over her chest, "i can't do this anymore." Dayvon's eyes followed her every move, his lips spreading into a wide smile as he laughed almost manically.

"lil girl, you betta sitcho' hot ass down fa i put yo ass down," Dayvon simply said pulling his phone from his back pocket, "always talkinnat' shit."

"you're taking me as a joke and i mean it." she said firmly, watching as his eyes drifted to his phone screen, he hummed almost inaudibly to her statement as she continued.

"you can't do what, Dev?"

"i can't be with you anymore," Devyne said without hesitation, "i just can't."

"you like this nigga or sumn? you that mad i beat his ass?" he frowned.

"it's not even just him! i don't even care about that kid, it's everything! it's everything over these past couple of months! all these stupid restrictions, violent outbursts, hopping my gates! it's becoming obsessive, Dayvon."

becoming? Dayvon watched as she spoke nothing but violent thoughts entering his head. she wanted to end up just like the last two girls. floating somewhere in michigan right now. but the way he loved her, he couldn't bring himself to suffocate her with the couch pillows—no matter how bad he wanted to. his eyes flickered back to the pillows to her face.

"are you listening to me? hello?!" her voice rose a bit as she tapped her foot reportedly against the hardwood flooring.

"naw," he admitted dryly, "cause you talkin' out yo ass right na. i'm tryna give you a minute to calm down and think about yo words and choices real wisely—don't think cause i love you you exempt from gettin' yo lil ass put down ma."

"excuse me?" Devyne peaked, with no answer. she stared at his unfazed demeanor. as she made her way to the front door, pulling it open and then turning toward him. "i think you need to leave." her voice shaky as the words came out, clearing her throat. she watched the expression come back to his face. he smiled a little, before ultimately letting out a chilling chuckle.

"ight ima go." he quietly mumbled getting up and heading to the open door. "cause yo ass tweakin'—but lemme tell you sumn pea," he mumbled his pointer finger rubbing alongside her jawline gently, "you got until ten inna mornin' to get yo mind right, or ima start treatin' yo ass like the opps. you can't do this no mo? yo ass can't live no mo. make yo mind or watch yo head." he simply said before leaving out the door and yanking the doorknob from her hand roughly slamming it shut behind him.

the obsession starts now.

_________

short cause shit finna get wicked!

okay yall, i'm getting back to my regularly scheduled updating! school kickin my ass but it's okay. missed y'all ladies though!

see y'all soon! be safe and kind 💘 & thank you for all the lovely birthday wishes! love you all!

OBSESSION 2022.