𝟏𝟗

19| 999 |DEVYNE CALIXTE SAINT

19| 999 |
DEVYNE CALIXTE SAINT.
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS.
[ SUMMER 2021 ]

DEVYNE sat on the steps of her stepfathers townhome in downtown chicago, it was seventy five degrees at eight pm and she was loving every bit of the summer weather. It was weeks after graduation, and after moving out of her grandmothers home to Terry's to get Dayvon off her trail—she was doing much better. She managed to keep the situation under-wraps from her family for as long as it went on. For the most part, she didn't want anyone over reacting, and for the other half the need to protect Dayvon lay deep in her heart for some reason. He'd grown on her stepfather and grandma, and on the deep end of the spectrum that love and missing him was still there. And she wished she went different mh about things sometimes.

Currently, she was in the middle of scrapbooking her whole high school experience, with the exception of a few baby pictures. Her grandmother, Angie, had convinced her to start scrapbooking all the major events in her life, so that when she was finally a mom and a grandmother, she could show and share the experience with her family. She smiled at the graduation picture if she and Nova proudly holding up there diplomas and mentally cried at how Nova would be going to TSU while she shipped off to GSU. It was gonna be their first time being apart since they met and that was critical.

Her admiration for the photo was cut off at the sound of her vibrating phone on the steps next to her, and just as she suspected a restraining order didn't stop the text free calls. This was literally routine for Devyne, everyday he called. Every time of day he called. It was clockwork. Picking up the phone absentmindedly, she slid the icon to the side answering the call. If this is what it took to get him to stop calling, she would go to any measure.

"Hello?" She spoke up, her voice full of irritation as she frowned at the silence on the other end. "Hel-lo?" She spoke slower, her tone becoming louder.

A crackle of sound came from the other end as she finally was able to hear Dayvon's voice come into sound. "Yea—damn, how many times a mufucka gotta call you fa' you to answer?"

"A couple of months when you have a restraining order against you!" Devyne exclaimed sarcastically her face souring at his question. "Dayvon, this is starting to get played out real quick. Why you just can't find another girl and move on?"

"Cause ion want no otha' bitches! Ion know how many times I gotta keep tellin' mufuckas that," he ranted annoyance laced in his tone, "if I wanted anotha' bitch you think I be doin' all this? I'm askin' you to talk to me. That what I been' askin' yo dumb ass to do fa months! But you wanna be a police ass mufucka and get restrainin' ordas' and shit."

Devyne closed her eyes tightly letting out a heavy breath letting the irritation and stress fall off of her. No way she was gonna let this situation keep getting the best of her. In less than two months she would be in her dorm room in Atlanta, far enough away from chicago and Dayvon as a whole.