𝟏𝟐

18 | 888 |DEVYNE CALIXTE SAINT

18 | 888 |
DEVYNE CALIXTE SAINT.
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS.
[ WINTER 2021 ]

KEVIN'S heart played through Devyne's AirPods at he loudest volume as she slowly dragged down the hallways of Morgan park. She couldn't wait to June, school was becoming overrated at this point.

Feeling a tap on her shoulder, she turned to look around and see nobody, but looked to her right to see Jeremiah. She sucked her teeth, rolling her eyes playfully as she laughed double tapping her airpod to pause J Cole. "That was so corny, ain't nobody did that to me since elementary school!"

"You corny," he smiled in returned, "I need yo help though."

"With what?"

"I'm tryna ask Perla to spring formal and I'm tryna do some romantic type shit—"

Devyne cut him scratching her head as she pushed the honey blond deep wave hair away from her face, "well I'm sorry but you're gonna have to do it without me, I'm not friends with her anymore."

"Since when?" Jeremiah quirked his brow up side eyeing Devyne.

Devyne sucked on her bottom lip before doing fish lips and sighing deeply, she hated even bringing up the situation with Perla. It agitated her every time. "For a minute—plus she has a boyfriend anyways!"

"So?"

"So, that's disrespectful to her relationship—and that's a bunch of unnecessary conflict for you to get in. Ask Marissa!"

"You right," he kissed his teeth, "you gone help me though? I need to know how to do it, how to orchestrate it and shit."

"Yeah, I guess—wait. Why do you think I know anything about spring formal-poses? I don't don't even know how to propose to my boyfriend that I'm hungry, chile. What you want me to do?" Devyne scrunched her forehead a bit.

"You'a know, I know you can help me find some raw shit," he encouraged making Devyne drop her shoulders before stopping in front of her biology class, " you goin?"

"Nope," she emphasized slouching, "I'm waiting on prom and graduation! I'm not goin' to none of these other events...pointless."

"Why? You think it's a sin or sumn? God not gon beat yo' ass for goin' to no damn spring formal girl!"

Devyne pursed her lips suppressing her laugh as she squinted her eyes, "do your own spring formal thing! Cause I'm not helping you since you think you're sooo funny."