𝟏𝟓

18 | 888 |DEVYNE CALIXTE SAINT

18 | 888 |
DEVYNE CALIXTE SAINT.
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS.
[ SPRING 2021 ]

PERLA walked past Devyne once again in the cafeteria, a smug smirk on her face, Devyne returned the mocking expression as Nova watched Perla with the most distasteful glare, rolling her eyes they both watched as she sat down at the far end of the cafeteria. "You need to let me get her ass!" Nova mugged turning around eating the hot fries from her book bag.

Within the past two weeks, Devyne's life had transformed into sone type of hell. It'd been two weeks, and Devyne really had been avoiding Dayvon at all costs. Within that, Perla, being as thirsty as she was, had to post a picture of Dayvon's side profile on her Snapchat to prove she was with him for some odd reason. Weirdos.

"How is she mad at me about my—I should've graduated early in December like I said I was." Devyne shook her head rummaging through her off white crossbody for her Fenty Chocolit Heat gloss. Applying a generous amount, she rubbed her lips together before grabbing her purse and standing up.

"Where you goin'?" Nova arched her brow watching her bestfriend pull her jeans up over her flat stomach.

"Girl, to the bathroom," Devyne mumbled, "I'll be back." Without another word, she left out the cafeteria. Walking down the hallway, she went on Instagram scrolling through a bunch of stories and posts. Perla's Instagram story revealed that she'd added Devyne to her close friends. The picture was obviously Dayvon and her holding hands. It was almost like a punch to the gut for Devyne, she missed Dayvon a whole lot. But being a cult like member for him—was not happening. She didn't worship any man besides god.

"Hey Dev, what you been on?"

Turning her head to the sound of the familiar voice, she spotted Deshawn right behind her. Deshawn was a regular boy, a senior just like her. He had a reputation around school for being oh so fine and being on the basketball team. He was cool looking, nothing to be crying about, but he and Devyne shared a couple classes throughout the years and were extremely close in ninth grade.

"Oh hey!" Devyne stopped for a second to allow him to catch up with her. "How you been? I feel like we ain't talked in so long." She smiled as they ventured down the hallway.

"Cause we haven't for real," he laughed, "I been good, I been straight. Filling out these college applications and shit, stressing. You know how it go."

"What you stressing for?" Devyne laughed folding her arms across her chest. "You got scholarships on scholarships coming, you'll be fine!"

"It ain't even the money factor, or the scholarships for real. It's choosing where I wanna be. Ion know if I wanna stay in Chicago or leave this bitch for real!"