𝟐𝟎

sexual content ahead. you have been warned.

19| 999 |DEVYNE CALIXTE SAINT

19| 999 |
DEVYNE CALIXTE SAINT.
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS.
[ SUMMER 2021 ]

DEVYNE watched as Dayvon pulled into the parking space, right behind the forest preserve. Her antennas were definitely up. Her eyes darted around the area, as she quirked her brow up turning to the dreaded man in the drivers seat. "Um, what're we doing here?" She asked cautiously, her voice low and her tone very slow as she cautiously looked around.

"We finna talk, fuck you think we finna do? Go for a run?" Dayvon put the car in park before ultimately turning the vehicle off, and instead rolling the two front windows down halfway to bring in a little breeze. The light from his headlights dispersed, making the area seem even darker.

"We could've talked by back by my house," Devyne frowned turning her head to look out of the back windshield, making sure no one was lurking in the shadows, "you didn't have to bring me to the woods to talk, Dayvon."

"Why you actin' like that? Whatchu' think finna happen to you?" He turned his attention toward the girl, his tone with mock concussion as a spark of amusement settled in his eyes.

"This is what happens on dateline," she started folding her arms over her chest, "you let your crazy ex take you on a drive and then you end up somewhere in the woods...dead." She finalized side eyeing him.

"Dev, if I was gon' kill you, I woulda did it back at yo' crib," he spoke softly, "you know ion' give no fucks about bein' caught." He shifted in his seat before continuing. "I brung you hea' cause I want privacy. All them damn people n' cars n' shit downtown, I feel like we good hea."

The emphasis he put on privacy made her shift in her seat. "Privacy for what?" She inquired.

"Fa' whateva'." He curtly responded, his eyes unwavering on her as she looked around the whole entirety of the vehicle. Keeping eye contact with Dayvon was always hard, it was like he was staring into your soul. He knew when she was nervous, lying, or uncomfortable and she hated that he did. A lingering silence fell over the two before he decided to speak up once again. "Why you ain't tell granny about everything?"

Devyne averted her attention over to him in that moment, furrowing her brows in confusion at his question. "How you know I didn't?" She responded.

He smiled a little looking out of his window before shifting his attention back to her. "I went to ha' crib lookin' fa' yo ass, and she told me you moved out. She asked why she ain't been seein' me and I told her we was on a break—lil shit."

"A break?"

"Mhm," he hummed in response, "irreconcilable differences," he quickly spoke, "you ain't tell her cause you still luh' me, don't you?"