Chapter 9

Yesterday after arriving late at night, Aiden goes into a deep sleep and wakes up after his alarm rang for atleast 5 times.

"No no no. Not again!" He shouted. Immediately jumping out of his bed, he quickly takes his shower, gets ready and heads out for his office.

"Mrs. Geoff is surely going to tick off if I arrive late." He said.

He dashed ahead to the bus station but the bus already left him. Suddenly an idea came on his head. He calls out to Parch.

"Parch I want to talk to you." He said. In an instant, dust formed around and he came out from the dusty tornado.

"What is it?" He asked.

"You granted me superpowers right?" Aiden asked. Parch nodded.

"So do I still possess those powers? And if so what kind of powers do I have?"

Parch looked at him and said, "Everytime we met you just kept on asking on & on. Is it your second nature?"

Aiden remembered how he kept on asking about all those things again and again.

"Sorry." He apologized.

Parch sighed before answering his question.

"Okay. Since you have asked I'll explain. You possess the peak capabilities of an average human. Meaning your physical strength is at the high peak, immunity to all sorts of disease but does not mean you can't get it. Heightened human senses, endurance and stamina." Parch said. "Other than that you have the powers to manipulate lightning and flight is your second power."

"What!? I can fly?" He asked in surprise.

"Yes. However, it is not going to be an easy one. You need to train and practice in order to have total control over it." Parch said. "Also I wanted to tell you that —"

Suddenly, Aiden's phone started to ring. He picked up the call.

"Hello?"

"Aiden where are you? Come soon. Mrs Geoff has arrived at the office." The caller said.

"Okay. Okay. I'll be there." He said and cut off the phone call.

"I'm so sorry. But can we talk later?" Aiden said.

"Sure." Parch replied.

Aiden looked up into the sky and jumped off in full determination. Only to stay on the ground without anything extraordinary.

"Uh. . . . Parch. Little bit of help here." Aiden said. Parch sighed and teleported him at his office.

Dust formed around and in an instant he disappeared from the place. Once Aiden vanished, Parch seemed a bit worried.

"Aiden. We rely on you. Don't disappoint us." He then disappeared into another portal.

*****

Slyff woke up from the realm of atonement and he is back to his normal sense.

"Hello? Are you listening to me? Am I completely free?" Slyff wondered.

He tried punching the car but as his fist hit it, he felt immense pain and to his surprise the car stood still without moving an inch.

"So I am back to being a normal person." He said. "I don't hear any voices now. No violence or aggressive thought, only peace and silence remains now."

He took a deep breath but soon regret and guilt overcame him and the countless murders he committed, shook him inside out.

"I cannot forgive myself for what I have done. Those heinous crime should be punished." He said and left somewhere.