9 : different way

"Hey!" he pulled me into a hug before kissing my cheek.

"You didn't tell me you were coming." I took his hand and led him to the couch, letting him to join Ryujin.

"I tried to call you a few times but you didn't answer. I was worried if something happened." Jimin sat in front of Ryujin.

They looked at each other and Jimin took a few second to scan Ryujin's face as he has a severe degree of myopia. He eventually smiled to her. "I've never seen you before. You must be a new friend!"

"Yeah, we just met a few days ago. I'm Ryujin." she offered her hand.

Jimin shook hands with her. "Cool. I'm her boyfriend, Jimin."

I sat beside Jimin and exchanged looks with Ryujin. She made a face, probably shocked that I have a boyfriend.

I handed Jimin a cream puff. "We just got home and only have this. Since there are three of us here, let's just have dinner together. Home-cooked or delivery?"

"I don't plan to stay here long. You guys can have the rest of the day together." Ryujin was a out to get up from the couch but Jimin stopped her.

"Woah, you should join us. Cabs aren't available here at this hour." Jimin convinced her to stay.

"I have a superbike outside."

"Oh my, so that was yours?! Dude.." Jimin was in his spirit as soon as he acknowledged the bike was Ryujin's. She also seemed to get along with Jimin all of a sudden. That's how it works when two people have the same interest.

I left them two and walked towards the kitchen. There wasn't really anything to cook but without my phone, I couldn't order the food online. And what am I supposed to explain to Jimin that I left my phone at Rosé's house? He didn't even know I worked there.

Ramen, instant porridge, noodles...

I couldn't just give tacky food to them. They would think I'm a cheapskate or something. I tried to explore the boring cabinet and found a pack of dried spaghetti.

She likes pasta.

I shook my head as I shrugged the thought of her. That was unnecessary. I put the pack again into the cabinet and decided to cook a pot of rice. I'll just make fried rice for them.

I put some cups of rice into the pot and let it cook. There was a pack of frozen fried chicken which later I put them into the air fryer, letting them fried for 20 minutes.

I returned to them again and they were still talking so enthusiastically about bikes. Jimin had always liked bikes but he still didn't have any. One, because he got into an accident once and that made his parents to never allow him to get on a bike again. Two, because he's using the money her earned to continue his studies.

"Sunyoung, Ryujin is so cool! You should learn how to ride a bike with her later." Jimin pulled me closer and patted my back.

"Wait, she doesn't know how to ride a bike?!" Ryujin's face showed that she was amused. She eventually bursted into laughter. "No wonder I kept seeing her catching for the bus or walking.."

"Wait till I get a car, it's over for you all." I sighed.

"Oh, Sunyoung, do you live alone here?" Ryujin asked.

"I used to live with my brother but he's now at a boarding school. So I only have a company whenever he's on holiday."

Jimin held my hands and pouted at me. "Poor you, Sunyoung. I'm sorry that I can't come here often as my schedule is always full with class and my part-time job. Ryujin, you can come here often and accompany her if you're free. She's a lonely girl who only plays with her young neighbour." he snorted a bit.

"Oh, you're making fun of me because I play with Wonyoung? She's no longer a kid! She's.. 17, I guess. Yeah, whatever." I rolled my eyes.

"Since I just knew Sunyoung a few days ago, I'm not sure if she's fine with it. If she's cool, I have no problem with it. We can play with that   Wonyoung kid." she laughed, joining Jimin to make fun of me for being friends with a high school student.

"You've met Wonyoung earlier, Ryujin. She's the one who offered you to show where the toolbox is."

"Ahh, that cutie. I've wondered about her name for a few times since she never had her nametag on."

"You have your eyes on a little kid? That Wonyoung? Gosh.." Jimin mocked a surprised face.

"She's cute!" Ryujin was still trying to defend herself.

"Okay, I won't judge your type. But when you look at Sunyoung, don't you think she's too pretty? She's like everyone's love at the first sight." Jimin turned to face me and his puppy eyes stared at me.

I waited for Ryujin to answer. She had a straight and calm face before she looked at me, analyzing every inch of my face. I was flustered and quickly looked at my own nails.

"I can agree. But maybe because you're her boyfriend. If you aren't here, I would be saying something else." Ryujin said.

"You're saying I'm not pretty?" I mocked a frustrated voice.

"Love, she didn't mean it like that.. you're pretty!" Jimin tried to convince me while laughing as he knew how people like Ryujin would never want to compliment people face to face. Bikers behaviour.

"Nope, you're pretty. But I'd describe you in a very different way."

"See? You're pretty!" Jimin chuckled before he leaned in to kiss me on the cheek.

I blushed at what Ryujin just said and thought what she meant by describe you in a different way.

We continued talking about things until we heard the door knocked again.

"Are you sure Sunyoung is always lonely? People keep knocking on her door." Ryujin said.

"That must be her annoying little neighbour." Jimin giggled.

"Ugh, can you not belittle that kid." I rolled my eyes. He sure has beef with Wonyoung.

I got up from my seat and walked to the door. I was ready to troll Wonyoung but my stomach immediately turned as soon as I opened the door.

"Is this.. oh, Sunyoung?"