15

I was sitting nervously on my chair, tapping my fingers on my knees and sometimes Yujin would spare me a quick glance. She probably noticed the way I was not sitting still since I came this morning.

"Is there anything I can help you with, Sunyoung?" she asked.

"Oh, no, nothing. It's just weird that Ms. Park is a bit late today." I looked at the two cups of coffee on my table. They were already semi-warm and if Rosé came a little later than I expected, it would get cold.

"It's good she if she comes to the office late. That sometimes means she's in a good mood."

"Why?"

"We were talking about her just now.." she pointed her finger and my eyes followed where she was pointing at.

Rosé had always looked good in her black blazer, matched with a white shirt underneath and a pair of black palazzo pants. Beside her was Yeri, if I'm not mistaken. The girl who I assumed as her girlfriend. They were walking together with a bright smile and their arms were linked to each other. Both of their hands were holding polystyrene cups, must be coffee.

"Good morning, Ms. Park and Ms. Kim." Yujin politely greeted them when I was still checking Rosé out.

"Good morning, Ms. Park and Ms. Kim." I followed.

Yeri's smile slowly faded when she saw me. I tried to maintain my smile but eventually ran my eyes away from hers. She would not stop staring at me as if she wanted to swallow me.

"You're new here?" Yeri asked me.

"Yes, Ms. Kim."

She looked at me up and down. It made me feel like I looked disgusting to her.

While Yujin had moved on to continue her work, Rosé seemed to notice the tension between us and she immediately faked a cough. She slowly unlinked her arm from Yeri's.

"You can leave." she said to Yeri.

"What?" Yeri frowned, looking at Rosé in disbelief.

"I have tons of work and I prefer doing it without any disturbance."

"I won't disturb you."

"It's okay, please leave."

Rosé walked away and left Yeri in front of us. I was not sure of what to do, so I just pretended to be busy. I could tell she was still looking at me.

"You, what's your name?" she asked and I knew it was not for Yujin. I looked up and met her eyes again.

"I'm Sunyoung."

"Okay. Be careful, Sunyoung." she threw me a cynical smile and walked the opposite way of Rosé's office.

I didn't understand what she meant by that so I just pretended to be busy with my work.

"Just ignore her, Sunyoung. Ms. Park's previous secretaries had been treated the same way. If you ever argue, I worry you might lose your job."

"Why is that? Does Ms. Kim have anything to do with this company?"

"Nope, not really. But Ms. Park usually follows whatever Ms. Kim wants."

"Even when it's not their fault?"

"Yes."

The memory of Yeri barging into the room when I first met her flashed back in my mind. She must be a scary woman. Is Rosé afraid of her too?

"That coffee, I guess it is for Ms. Park? You can reheat it in the pantry." Yujin said again.

"How do you know?"