Episode 8 ~ Chapter 2

I watched as my friends and the class flooded into the classroom. It was morning, and I was invisible to them. Completely. And I couldn't pull myself back to existence, with them ignoring me.

I stood in the corner of the room, staying out of the way. The teacher walked to the front of the room and began role call.

"Yoon Jaehyuk... Yoon Chiwoo... Lee Seonghyun... Choi Hyunsuk..."

After Hyunsuk was called, it was supposed to be me. He must have erased my name from the book, making me truly nothing to him.

"Don't mind anything," he announced, "Just get ready for the upcoming S.A.T."
"Yes sir," the class chanted drearily back, and then he left.

I noticed Yedam look over at Junkyu, who was sitting by himself. Yedam gently tapped Mashiho's shoulder, then whispered, "You can't see him, either?"

Me.

He was talking about me.

I stood next to Junkyu, although I knew it wouldn't make any difference. I wanted to be with my class, but... this is how it had to be. I was going to be lonely and invisible and depressed forever.

Mashiho looked over as well. "He's gone?"

Did they both care that I was gone? They were some of the people who voted to have me exorcised... but maybe they didn't really mean it, or even understand it until now.

Doyoung whipped around to stare at them. "What are you talking about?"

"Nothing," Mashiho said quickly. It was like Doyoung had a radar for people talking about me.

Yedam pulled on his headphones.

"It's been a while," Mashiho noticed as Yedam started working on his song on the tablet once again.

"Yeah. I should get back to my work," he answered.

I realized that I hadn't taken out the odd sound from his song yet.

What better time to do it then now?

I walked towards him and lightly tapped on the tablet. The noise went away in an instant, and, struck by sudden inspiration, I changed the track name from "Finals" to "Finals_Sorry, Yedam."

"Weird sounds again?" Mashiho asked as Yedam leaned forward to look at it in surprise.

"No, it's gone," Yedam exclaimed.

"Gone?" Mashiho said, unnecessarily nervous. As he went back to his own work, he nudged his pen accidentally and it fell to the floor.

I went over to him, bent down, and picked up the pen. I handed it to him, and he looked amazed but filled with wonder.

"Did you see that?" he whispered to Yedam. "Haruto..."

At least I was taking care of them, if I had to be invisible.

From the seat in front of Yedam's, I noticed Hyunsuk shivering with cold.

I walked over to the window and shut it, blocking the freezing air. He looked my way in realization, and I noticed a look of upset and guilt on his face.

• • •

That night, I was walking around the other dorms, making sure my friends were okay. It didn't matter if I didn't return to my room, because no one could see me anyhow.

I stopped outside Junghwan's bedroom, where I heard him videotaping.

"Today, I'm going to eat spicy ramen!" he said with fake excitement.
He had nothing else to shoot with me gone. And although I was happy that he couldn't use me anymore...

I moved inside, then held out a hand to the picture of Junghwan. And it came to life.

As the picture Junghwan moved around, comments on his vlog began exploding, praise and happiness.

I was already gone when Junghwan noticed the picture, but I didn't much care what he thought of it.

• • •

Eventually, I returned to my room, where I found Jaehyuk studying. He looked more tired than ever as he flipped through the pages of a textbook, his glasses slightly lopsided.

Without thinking, I went to his side. I looked at him for a moment, then remembered something. I carefully and silently held my hands over his mug, and it filled automatically with my chrysanthemum tea.

He looked behind himself with a grateful smile in my direction, even though he couldn't see me.

Then he pulled a photo album from my small bookcase. My photo album of pictures I took of our class. And he opened it.

I stood behind him, looking at all the pictures of my friends, happy and excited over the year.

Jaehyuk paused at one set of pictures - the photos I took of Doyoung.

Charismatic Class Rep, one of the captions read.

Haruto X Doyoung, said another, right underneath a picture of Doyoung, his arm around thin air.

I used to be in that picture, I remembered. I took that with him next to me. But now I'm gone from reality, the present... and past.

Right before Jaehyuk went to sleep, he took out the pictures on Doyoung's page and slipped them into his pocket.

I cared about everyone.

Invisible or visible, dead or alive, I would care for them until the end.