Episode 4 ~ Chapter 2

A little while later, it was almost dark outside and we were transferring to our last class of the day when a picture from the wall fell and shattered.

Everyone stopped dead, half of us on one side of the room and the rest on the other.

"I don't think that was because of the wind," Hyunsuk said nervously. "The ghost is suddenly going out of control!"

But... I didn't do that, either, I thought. Junghwan. I'm going to make him pay for using me.

"This is really scaring me," Mashiho gasped, half hidden behind Doyoung.
"Did anyone get hurt?" Doyoung asked anxiously. When everyone answered no, he said, "Be sure not to step on it."

"I told you there is a ghost!" Hyunsuk exclaimed.

I'M NOT DOING THIS! I wanted to scream. I WOULD NEVER SCARE YOU GUYS LIKE THIS!

• • •

Once we finally reached our classroom, it only took a few more moments before something else happened.

"Happy 100th day to you..." rang through the room suddenly. "Happy 100th day to you..."

"What?" Junkyu gasped, "My teddy bear... where did it go?"

"What is it this time?" Hyunsuk wailed. I felt his irritation as well - how much had Junghwan planned to do?

"Where is it?" Junkyu exclaimed, rushing forward and opening lockers and cabinets, searching frantically.

"Happy 100th day, my honey and Junkyu..." the bear sang from its hidden spot.

Why would Junghwan ever do this to Junkyu? Just for more subscribers?

"This is crazy!" Junkyu said desperately.

Then, when he opened the last cabinet, he screamed.

He lifted the still singing teddy bear out. Its eyes were gored out and covered in a dark red substance.

He threw the bear down to the floor, his hands covering his ears in fear.
"Stop it!" Junkyu shrieked, stomping repeatedly on it. "I said stop it! Please!"

The rest of the class could only watch as Junkyu screamed while trying to destroy the bear, which kept on singing cheerfully.

I noticed something that enraged me more than ever... Junghwan gently curved his phone to the side, recording Junkyu's panic attack.

I wanted more than ever to see him scared like that as a punishment for terrorizing Junkyu... and that's what I was going to make him do.

• • •

Jaehyuk arrived later than usual back to our room, where I was sitting at our desk and pulling out my pictures of my friends and I. It was a distraction from sleeping, which I couldn't do with the charm on my bed. It also helped me to daydream about the ways I would torment Junghwan later.

"You're not sleeping?" Jaehyuk asked me.

"Um..." I said, looking up for a brief moment at the exorcism talisman, "I'm just going to organize some pictures first."
"Then I'll go to sleep," he said, turning off the light over his bed.

"Good night," I murmured.

• • •

The next morning, I was reading in class when my suspicions were confirmed - Junghwan had posted Junkyu's scene online.

When Junghwan walked in the room, Doyoung slammed his laptop shut and stood up.

"I warned you before," he snapped.
"About what?" Junghwan responded. "Oh... my YouTube?" he glared right into Doyoung's eyes. "Who knows? Maybe a famous exorcist will visit us and chase the ghost away, thanks to me."

I hadn't thought about that possibility before. But it certainly was correct - if I ended up being exorcised because of him....

"And what if the teachers find out about this?" Doyoung said angrily.

"Then what?" Junghwan snarled back. "Why is that so bad? I've been curious... why are you so sensitive about other people finding out about this?"

"Junghwan, listen to me-" Doyoung started, but Junghwan interrupted.

"If you had just!" he shouted. "If you had just informed people of this in the first place, none of this would have happened. You kept saying that we shouldn't let anyone find out, that we had to solve it ourselves... so we've come this far now. Hey, tell me..." Junghwan moved forward threateningly. "Do you have some kind of secret hiding from us?"

I felt a pang of sympathy for Doyoung. It obviously wasn't him, so I wondered how much Junghwan's words hurt him.

"Hey, Doyoung," another student appeared at the doorway, "The teachers are calling for the class representatives."

"I'll talk to you later," Doyoung said to Junghwan, pushing past him. I looked at Junghwan angrily, suddenly having the idea on how to get him to stop.

• • •

Once I was positive that Jaehyuk was asleep, I went invisible and moved out of the room, headed for Junghwan's. He shared a room with Doyoung, which had to be extremely uncomfortable at that time.

I arrived just in time to hear him mutter, "Kim Doyoung, you always think you're the best... well, let's see. I'll film you freaking out, and post it everywhere."

I was enraged. How dare he first terrorize Junkyu, and now plan to torment Doyoung? And he was making me, the ghost, take the fall for it. This... he had to pay for this.

I watched Junghwan set Doyoung's phone down and head over to a set of cabinets. He closed himself inside, with just enough space through the cracks in the doors to videotape.

When he was carefully shut inside, I lifted my hand and twitched it to the left.
I heard his ringtone blare out from inside the cabinet.

"What the..." he muttered, trying to decline the call, which had the caller ID of "Stop messing around, So Junghwan."

"Come on... why isn't it working?" he exclaimed. "What's wrong with this?!"

He bolted outside of the cabinet and threw his phone to the floor. I moved my hand to the other side, and the caller ID vanished, then reappeared and said, "This is your final warning."

"Come on!" Junghwan shouted, fear in every inch of his tone. He brought this down on himself, surely he knew that.

I creaked open the door slowly to see more of him, then watched him as he panicked, and for once, I felt no shred of remorse at all.