Cookie Video Extra ~ Epilogue

Ten years later...

Yeah. Heaven was okay.

But I couldn't miss my friends' ten year graduation anniversary. I let myself return to Earth as a ghost one last time.

I watched my friends arrive from the window - ten years had done a lot to them.

Jaehyuk was a big deal corporate employee; Junghwan, the internet star; Yedam; the K-pop sensation; and the rest of them, excited and happy to be together again.

I noticed that Doyoung had white flowers in his hands - what was that about?

~

They made me a memorial.

A memorial.

The pictures from the photo album I made years ago were taped to a brown background, surrounded with notes.

"Ruto, we love you."
"Spring comes after winter, flowers bloom wherever you go"
"Ruto, we miss you and we love you."

"Haruto... we're here," Jaehyuk said.

Doyoung laid the flowers at the foot of the memorial. I smiled from where I viewed them. They did all that... just for me.

I watched them enter the school. I couldn't see where they were headed, so I sat back down in my seat. It was far before school would start, so I was all alone, but for once I didn't feel lonely.

I heard a small noise from down the hall. When I turned...

My friends were lined against the window, looking at me with huge smiles, waving and laughing.

Before I knew it, I was laughing too. I was happier than I had been in ten years - twenty, if you count the years before their original graduation.

I love you, I thought. I'll keep protecting you. From now until you die, I will be with you.