28

28- Sweet Mom

Sana pov,

Hush!! He is sleeping like a beast. Seems whatever he said is true, but so filmy. But I’m so hungry... My eyes fell on the plate full of food he got... I had full until the plate remains empty. I took the plate and thought to place them back in the kitchen, but his words remained me.

No need to risk!! I don’t want any more pain. I dropped the plate on the table and left to the bed. I lied on the bed on my back. After trying all positions, I felt so stupid... All the nonsense from morning is echoing in my mind.

“Why not he give me also one pill? I also want to sleep well like him. I got down from the bed and walked to his huge recliner. Seems he is in deep sleep. I plucked his hair to test him. I jumped in happiness as he didn’t wake up.

“Monster is sleeping!! He looks cute while sleeping. This is perfect for him. I lied beside him, feeling his warm embrace and rested my head on his chest. I pulled away his hand and lied comfortably. What to do? I hated his touch at starting but got adopted to sleep with him. Don’t know why!! But I feel so secure in his embrace. His hands work like my favourite pillow to gift me peaceful sleep. Sleep now, but don’t forget to wake up before him...

Morning,

I opened my eyes, not feeling sun as the curtains are closed. The room felt so cold. I turned around to find AC remote, forgetting the place I was sleeping. Before I fall down from the recliner. I felt a strong hand around my waist, holding me. He woke up!! God!! He bounced me back on him as my chest meets his. What should I answer if he asks me why I’m lying beside him? It’s so embarrassing.

“Are you alright?” He asked, tucking my hair behind my ear. I was silent, waiting to leave. He left my waist and placed me back on the recliner.

“I’m sorry!” He said getting up from me. Did he just told me sorry without any reason? Miracles happen!!

“Hey, Really... Will you be good with me? Everything you said is true?” I asked, sitting up. He turned back, hearing me. I expect some answer, but he is just looking at me.

“Won’t you answer or can’t answer?” I asked again.

“I don’t need to lie, nothing can change our relation. If you trust me, you can know me or else like everyone you will remain in the room but not in my heart.“ He said walking away.

That was the last time we talked. In one week of time, I never talked, and he didn’t disturb too. Monster is mute for one long week OMG!! But this morning is different. He dropped a nuclear bomb on my heart, expressing breaking news.

“My mom is coming home, I expect you at the best behaviour with her” He said not looking at me.

“Your mom is coming, and you want me to stay here? What will she think about us?” I asked in a serious tone.

“She knows we are living together, but I request you not to tell her about our contract. She thinks we are in a live-in relation. Hope you maintain respect” He said, grabbing his jacket.

“When will she come?” I asked, hoping to get ready in something good.

“I’m going to the airport to pick her. Get ready in anything you are comfortable. She is not bad. She is equal to your sister Mary” He spoke with a smile and left, kissing my forehead, brushing my hand. His lovely gesture made me smile, but his mom was coming. How will she react? Will she abuse me like amber and his dad? Will she think I am bad?”

After an hour,

I changed into jeans and long top to look a little better and arranged things in order in the guest room for her. I heard his car sound. Dropping the pillow, I made my way down to meet his mom. Holding my heart!! I really don’t have any energy to bear abusive words. I’m broken!!

I saw a beautiful lady entering the mansion with a beautiful smile. She is really more beautiful than me!! She is wearing a causal western Indian outfit with loose hair, maybe in her 40s. Her eyes met mine when I lowered my eyes, not daring to face her.

“Mom, she is...” Before he introduces me, she chuckled, “Juliet!!” He faked my name again.

“Mom!!” He yelled out.

“Just kidding!! Sana... Am I right Princess of my prince“ She smiled, looking at me. I blushed at her words, not meeting my gaze with anyone. I smiled back, forcing myself to be normal, but I’m so nervous.

“Mom, get refreshed, we can have lunch together,” He said grabbing her handbag. He is behaving like a normal kid in front of her. I waited for them to leave and collapsed on the couch peacefully.

As I’m sitting relaxed, I felt some weight beside me. It’s he...

“Don’t be scared or nervous!! She knows me and our relationship. She is one beautiful lady, and she will never judge you or our relation!!” He stated taking my hand in his. I really felt so good at his touch. It made me feel pure. I felt loving this monster. Wait!! Did I just said, love??

No!! This is a loveless contract!! I can’t love him. And should never love him...

I was just looking at them, talking about random things while having lunch. He went to the office afternoon and returned at night. We had dinner. I was silent all the while, just listening to them speaking.

“Why don’t you talk anything? Or... You don’t like to talk Infront of me?” His mom asked me straight, looking into my eyes. God!! What should I answer!!

‘No, mom! She is just!! You are new, “ He responded instead.

“I asked her,” she said in a serious tone. Why me again? I want to run away now.

“Answer Sana?” She demanded, dropping her spoon. I felt pin drop around me. I can hear my own heartbeat. He sneezed my hand under the table, assuring me to speak out.

“I... it’s new. I can’t talk free for a while!!” I mumbled in a low tone.

“Ok, I will stay here for a week. I will see when you will be free to speak up!!” she said sarcastically.

“Mom!! Don’t scare her. She is really calm.” He said supporting me.

“I’m not eating her Sid, I’m feeling bored seeing her silent” she chuckled out. We had dinner, which felt like hours for me.

Where should I sleep today!! It’s better to ask him. I went to his room to ask him, but to my shock, he was lying on her mom’s lap, playing with her hand like a small baby. I decided to quit, not to disturb them.

“Where are you going?” His mom’s voice came from behind. Shit!!

“I... I came to see, but it’s ok, I will sleep. Good night!!” I said, making an excuse.

“On this bed, we have space for one more person. Would you like to join?” She asked with a smile. I looked at him. He signed yes. I moved towards their bed and sat on the edge.

“Not there, come here!“ She gently made me lie on her right lap.

“I’m really good at making people sleep” She chuckled, tabbing my hair.

“Mom, why not you tell me that seven fish story?” He asked like a five-year kid. Seriously, a king and his seven sons. Such a faltu story...

“I was bored of saying the same story. Let’s have a new story tonight!!” She started narrating a story for us. I looked towards him, who was sleeping cutely, hearing his mom. I felt like kissing his cheeks. This moment felt so beautiful. I never had a mother who can tell me stories gifting her lap to sleep on. I was so jealous of him seeing her, but glad I got some share of his love.