Chapter 14 The Hunt For Blackpearl

Two moons were already showing and there was still no sign of Blackpearl. Where is she? Cherry asked herself. We've been searching for hours and Shard's plan to search the direction that she flew off in isn't working. She sighed, it was all her fault.

"Shouldn't we stop soon? I mean if she's really a seer she'll know when and where we'll find her. There's really no point," Amber said.

She was sleepily lying on the ground, covering her face with her wings for protection from the bright moons.

Boriel shook her head stubbornly. "I think we should look for a little more before we set up a camp. We should crash near the closest territory."

"We should head for Icewing territory!" Yeti said quickly.

"We should head for the Silkwings!" Shard said proudly. They all started to argue. Amber suggested the Skywings and Sandwings. Boriel even pipped up and said that they should stop at the Mudwings or Nightwings.

"Stop!" Cherry cried. They all looked at her. "We should go to Leafwing Territory." They all started shouting at her again, and she raised her talons, trying to signal for silence. "I swear this isn't because I want to see my family! If you haven't noticed my family is back there, and really annoying! The Leafwings are the closest, she would go there first."

"How do you know that? Yeti countered. "It's been so long since she disappeared she might be in a different territory."

"True, but-"

"We don't have time to argue! Just listen to me," Cherry said frantically. Boriel looked into her eyes. After a minute she nodded, knowing Cherry was just trying to find their friend. Everyone followed suit, nodding.

Then they sleepily dozed off to sleep, curled up together, tails linked, a real family. Before drifting off to sleep herself, Cherry sleepily sighed at everyone.

"I love you guys. Sometimes." Yeti swatted her with his tail, and then they drifted off to dreamland.

The morning sun glittered on the horizon. Suddenly a shadow blocked out the light. It was a dragon's shadow, but it seemed larger than life. A dragon stepped out of the shadows. His talons were long and sharp, his scales gleamed. "Hello sister," he said so loud he shook the trees with his echo. Oak! Cherry thought, alarmed. "You miss me?" Her mind whirled, and her heart raced. Oak leaned closer, his breath was as gray as smoke. The light from the sky had vanished and his eyes turned black. She scrambled backward but the grove of trees were closing in. "It's just you and me." He said coolly. She looked up towards the sky but she could see it any more.

Oak looked at her again and asked a question "Who will be the next ruler of all Leafwings and Rainwings?" he bellowed. Cherry thought for a moment, looking at his claws slowly extending.

"Someone?" She said anxiously. How can that be the wrong answer? She asked herself. His claws clenched with anger.

"And which someone would that be?" He asked, his claws shaking. Oak started menacingly advancing towards her and she took a step back.

"Uh...a someone that is someone?" Cherry asked. He lunged at her. His claws sunk into her scales.

"It is me you depressing lizard," He shrieked. "I have tried to impress my parents all that I have been alive. I have written poems and scrolls with my puny father, Oak! Rose, I have been ever so grateful for helping her garden and plant her trees. AND YOU! I will kill my parents along with whoever tries to stop me including Queen Emerald and Toucan! I have worshiped them, built statues of them and castles and strongholds and given me nothing in return! " Oak said, leaving her alone on the ground. Cherry gasped, her eyes opening. The dragonets were circled around her.