Chapter 22 Operation EVAS REWOLFRATS

The library walls stopped closing in. Cherry's feet stopped feeling like the ground was ripped from under them, and she felt like sinking into a fluffy mattress and sighing a long sigh of relief.

Awake. Blackpearl was awake. Cherry tried to soak it in but the thought was too large. Blackpearl was fine. They healed her. Cherry tried to wrap her brain around it.

Boriel and Blackpearl were hugging each other like gravity was threatening to pull them apart, and Cherry wanted to join them but feared interrupting.

"We should ask her what the trigger was," Amber suggested, leaning over a chair and looking at her, snapping Cherry out of her thoughts.

Cherry looked around wildly. What?

Boriel poked her. "Cherry, you okay?" She asked, ignoring Amber. Cherry nodded, but Boriel still looked concerned.

"We should ask her what the trigger was!" Amber repeated slightly irritably, this time louder. Boriel turned around to look at Amber. There were tears in her eyes. This shut Amber right up.

Shard shook his head. "Amber, wait a minute," he said. Cherry almost smiled, contradict her, Shard!, but stopped at the last second, resulting in her mouth being all twisted up and her eyes looking at the ceiling. Before Shard could continue, Yeti spoke up.

"Cherry, you're scaring me," Yeti said nervously. Boriel and Shard nodded in agreement.

I wish they'd stop nodding! Cherry angrily thought. Her face scrunched up in anger. She realized this and passed a hand over her face, replacing the anger with weariness.

"Sorry," Cherry said, "I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that Blackpearl woke up." Shard sighed.

Amber sighed too, although it wasn't in an endearing way. It was more of a finally-you're-done kind of sigh. "Okay, moving on. Blackpearl, what was the trigger?" Amber asked.

Seconds ticked by, but Blackpearl didn't answer.

"Maybe that was too direct. What do you think the trigger word could've been, Blackpearl? ...Blackpearl?" Amber asked again.

Blackpearl still didn't answer. Her eyes were glazed with tiredness and she sunk her head into her talons. Cherry looked around nervously and gulped.

"Blackpearl probably needs some time to rest. She was unconscious for a couple hours, and frankly you guys have been way too loud," Rose said cheerfully, trying to distract them. "Why don't we leave her alone to think."

"Okay...," replied Amber anxiously as she walked outside. The hallway was quiet. Little glass vases filled with flowers from the greenhouse filled the air with a fruity scent. What happened? Did the mixture work? Is she going to be okay? It can't, right? Maybe she just lost her voice, Cherry thought nervously. It had to be that, right?

"Cherry, you're spacing out again. Are you okay?"Yeti asked. Everyone was looking at her again. How long have I been spacing out? She thought. This is worse than my fainting problem.

"What were you guys talking about?" She asked them.

"We were talking about how to continue with this. You know, the prophecy stuff. None of us really know what to do. Or even what we're up against. Dragons don't just randomly start stealing each other's eggs, killing and kidnapping each other. Something must have happened. Blackpearl probably would know," Boriel sighed longingly before continuing. "Amber thinks that we should go to the Sandwings."

"What?! Why?!" Cherry snapped in a loud voice, turning crimson.

Amber shot them a glare. "Starflower could be gathering an army! We already know that the Sandwings and Hivewings hate us. Or Shard at least. They would be her best bet to form an army. We have to stop her!"