The Final Decision

When I wake up, I'm in the back of a truck. My hands are zip-tied together and my head pounds. I look over the seat and see a man driving the truck. I sigh and focus on the truck's engine, but nothing happens. Damn it, I think to myself. This dude must've injected me with the same stuff Dr. Paige did. I turn my body towards the back and kick at the back window. The driver pulls the truck to the side of the road and turns the engine off. He gets out of the car and suddenly, the back window falls onto me. I cover my face from the glass just as the trunk opens. I kick my foot out, but the man catches it and I see his face.

"Seriously," Tyler Lockwood asks me.

"Tyler," I ask.

"You don't want to fight me Cecily," he says, "You know you can't beat me without your powers."

I groan, "Is there some kind of store where you freaks can buy these injections?"

"A witch made it for me," Tyler answers. He zip-ties my feet together and I scream.

"Let me go," I scream, "you backstabbing, half-breed piece of sh-"

"Shut up," Tyler screams as he throws me over his shoulder. I struggle to get free of his grip, but I know it's no good so I stop. Tyler carries me deep into the bayou. The moon is still out when we arrive at some kind of encampment. He sets me down on the porch of a cabin and I look around. I see tents and fire pits everywhere.

"What is this place," I ask.

"The armpit of Louisiana," Tyler answers as he pulls out a knife from his back pocket.

"What are you going to do with that," I ask.

"Depends of you," he says as he cuts the zip-tie around my feet.

"Hey, you attacked me remember," I ask him, "You ambushed me in my own backyard."

"It's not your backyard, it's Klaus's," Tyler snaps, "You're shacked up in a mansion with that psycho, a long way from the girl I met in Mystic Falls."

"I'm sorry Tyler, but a lot has happened since the last time I saw you," I tell him.

"You mean like how you're pregnant," he asks, "a hybrid baby, yeah I know all about it. I've been roaming around the bayou, asking questions. Let me tell you what I learned." He walks over to me and points at my birthmark, "this crescent birthmark means you come from a big shot family, some kind of royalty to the werewolves of this region. And right here, this is all that's left of them." I look around and spot a woman standing in the middle of the camp. She has blonde hair and is wearing a dress. I look on her shoulder blade and where my birthmark is on me, there's a spot that looks like it's been burnt on her.

"Hey," I yell to her, "help me!" The woman runs away, disappearing from sight.

"They can't help you," Tyler says, "They're in the woods, hiding, because they've been persecuted by vampires for decades." A man walks up to the two of us and points at me.

"Is that her," he asks.

"Yeah Dwayne," Tyler answers, "get her inside." Tyler walks away as Dwayne drags me into the cabin and zip-ties me to a metal heater. He walks out without saying a single word to me. I sigh and try to use my magic to undo the zip-tie, but it doesn't work. The door opens and Tyler walks back in. I decide to ask him about the wolf that's been helping me.

"Tyler, there's been a wolf watching me lately, protecting me like it instinctively knows that I'm part of its pack," I say, "You're a hybrid. You can turn into a wolf whenever you want. Was it you?"

Tyler shakes his head, "no, but you're right. Only hybrids can control when they change and us two are the only ones left besides Klaus, which is why we're here."