The Harvest

Marcel has taken Davina. Though, I can't say I'm surprised, I am a little upset that he hasn't called me to tell me where they are. Rebekah, Gwen, Klaus, and Elijah are all out looking for her while I've been ordered to stay in the compound. Thunder and lightning fill the night sky, the third sign just itching to start. We don't have much time left which worries me. Sophie had found Céleste's bones somehow and she's been consecrating them so she can absorb the power and become an elder. It's been hours since I've seen anyone, that is until I see all four Originals come walking in.

"We need to talk," Elijah tells me as they all sit down around me.

"About," I ask them.

"There was no magic in Céleste's bones for Sophie to absorb," Elijah says, "which means that we have to find another power witch to consecrate."

"You can't be serious," Gwen says, figuring it out first.

"It has taken 1,000 years, but you've finally gone mad," Rebekah agrees, "our own mother?"

"Yes, our beloved mother, who Niklaus has affectionately placed in a coffin in his basement, not daggered but quite dead," Elijah answers her.

"Well, she did try to kill us all," Klaus points out.

"Well, I say we put her to use and put her to rest once and for all," Elijah tells his siblings, "now, if we bury out mother on land owned by one of her descendents, she becomes a New Orleans witch, and we as her family share in that ancestral magic."

"We're vampires Elijah," Rebekah states, "we can't practice magic or own property for that matter."

"Yes, with regard to practicing magic," Elijah lingers, "that's where Sophie Deveraux comes in. After we bury our mother, she will channel Cordelia's magic. The only hitch is as a conduit of our mother's magic, she needs to participate in the Harvest. We will have to participate in the Harvest as well as we are all linked together by our mother's magic."

"I agree with Rebekah," I say immediately, "you have finally lost your mind. Esther's magic is the only thing that's keeping me from turning on a full moon."

"Sophie has agreed to trade her magic for yours," Elijah tells me, "our mother's magic should be enough on its own for Sophie to become an elder. You will get Sophie's magic in return for giving away our mother's. As for owning property..." Elijah walks over to a cabinet and pulls out a deed. "Not all of our mother's descendents are dead," Elijah says.

"The baby," Klaus says quietly.

"The baby," Elijah repeats, "the parish tax assessor's office is just steps outside of the Quarter. Cordelia now holds the title to the plantation. So if we bury our mother there and we consecrate those grounds, we can finish the Harvest ritual."

Klaus smiles, "you're a bit of a mad genius, Elijah. Count me in."

"I'm in," Gwen says.

"Am I the only one thinking," Rebekah asks, "our mother was the most powerful witch in history. If we bury her, we hand that power to our enemies to use against us. And you are forgetting that our mother's magic makes Cordelia one of the most powerful people in the bloody world."

"Given our circumstances, I hardly see that we have a choice Rebekah," Elijah protests.

She sighs and throws her hands up, "I don't know why I bother. You three will just do what you want anyway."

"No," Elijah tells her, "our decision must be unanimous."

"This is not a democracy," Klaus states.

"You're quite right," Elijah says, "This is family." The downpour of rain starts, making us all turn to the window. "Water," Elijah whispers, "the next sign's begun. Rebekah?"