Sisterly Love

By the time we return to New Orleans, night has already fallen. The lights in the plantation house were off when we walked through the front door. The first thing Klaus and I do is change. I put on a pair of yoga pants and a tie-dye t-shirt. I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. It's been three days since I've eaten something. I open the fridge and look at my choices. Ever since I became a vampire-werewolf-witch hybrid, I've been able to eat things I couldn't when I was a normal hybrid. I pull out the carton of milk and find myself a bowl. I grab some cereal out of the cabinet and pour it into the bowl. I pour the milk into the bowl and take my first bite just as Klaus makes his way down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Marcel has just informed me that six nightwalkers of his are dead," Klaus says, sitting across from me, "you wouldn't happen to know anything about that?"

I shake my head, "I haven't been in the Quarter since the night Elijah and I went to look for you."

Klaus smiles and nods his head, "well, I guess I have an idea of who it was then." Klaus gets up from the table and disappears into the library.

"Who," I ask but he doesn't answer. I finish my cereal and put the bowl into the sink. I walk out of the kitchen just as the front door opens.

"Maid," the woman yells, "my bags are in the car, get them will you?"

"Not the maid," I answer her.

Rebekah turns towards me and smiles, "bloody hell, it's been a long time since I've seen you." She walks towards me and hugs me. I hug her back but she lets go of me rather quickly and looks down at my bump. "It looks like Elijah wasn't lying," Rebekah says.

I tilt my head, "you've talked to Elijah?"

"Not recently, where is he," Rebekah asks.

"Long gone," I answer.

"What do you mean," Rebekah asks.

"One minute he's here making epic promises of protecting me and then Klaus told me he bailed," I say.

"Elijah doesn't break promises which means that Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus-like," Rebekah says, walking through the living room, shouting, "Klaus, get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, you narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!"

"Enough with all the shouting," Klaus says, walking in the living room, "little sister, I should've known. I assume the six dead vampires were you're doing."

"They were very rude," Rebekah says, "trying to victimize a poor, innocent girl just trying to find her way to the Quarter. So sorry, were they friends of yours? Oh that's right, you don't have any friends."

"I do have friends. I have Marcel," Klaus says, "you remember him, don't you? Yes, of course you do. He fancies himself the king of the Quarter now and he has these rules about killing vampires. It'll be fun to see what sort of punishment he comes up with for you."

"I don't care about Marcel or his rules," Rebekah hisses, "Elijah doesn't welsh on deals. What did you do to him?"

Klaus shrugs his shoulders, "Perhaps he's on holiday or taking a long autumn nap upstairs. Well, go on, take a look around. You remember this house as well as I."

"I remember everything," Rebekah says, "where's Gwen?"

"Our dear sister has sided with the enemy," Klaus answers.

Rebekah looks at us with surprise written all over her face, "You're joking."

"Gwen's been in it with Marcel ever since Mikael came and ran you four out of the Quarter," I answer.